"Blend in." Jace commanded, letting go of my hand and looking at all of us. "Keep your weapons ready." We nodded and as i looked around the club i noticed a guy with heavy eyeliner admiring something that looked like a cup.

"Magnus." I breathed out, a small smile plastering on my face. Jace followed my gaze, that eventually fell on the same man.

He started walking towards Magnus, us promptly walking behind him.

"Magnus!." He called out, and Magnus glanced at him. Standing up without any emotion.

Clary made her way besides Jace, gaining Magnus' full attention. And here that i started to like her.

"Clary Fairchild." He greeted. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman." He almost smiled.

"Magnus Bane." She looked up and down at him. "So you are the one who stole my memories." She spat and i rolled my eyes.

"No need to be so harsh, Clary. I'm sure your mother told him to." I said and Magnus looked at me, smiling in the process.

"Oh but if it isn't Arabelle Lightwood, it's a pleasure to see you again darling." He smiled and i smiled too, glad that he remembered me.

"Magnus, surprised you remember me." I replied and he shrugged.

"Hard to forget such a beautiful face." He replied back and i chuckled.

"Then you haven't forgotten how you weren't so much help to me." I said. "Hopefully this time it will be different."

He smirked. "Hopefully it's the key word." He then looked back at Clary. "Like Belle just said–."

He pronounced my name slowly and with an accent. "Your mother requested me to, she knew the risk." He replied to Clary, who only looked at the ground for a split of a second.

"Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter." Magnus said to Jace, his hand opened wide. Jace looked around before taking out the necklace and holding it out, a soft smile appeared on Magnus' face. Magnus approached to the necklace but Jace quickly pulled away.

"Oh." Jace hummed and Magnus's face turned back into a grimace. "Give Clary back her memories and you get the jewelry."

"I have to confirm it's authenticity." Magnus motioned the necklace with a smile as he held out his hand to Jace. Jace bit his lip before laying the necklace on Magnus' hands.

He smiled at the sight of the necklace, bringing it closer to his face.

"Amor verus numquam moritur." He said, and a confused look flashed my face. "True love cannot die." He translated it, i nodded slowly. "I've missed this jewel."

"Now it's your turn to pay up." Clary said and Magnus' looked at the ground before slowly shaking his head.

"I wish i could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." Magnus' replied and i frowned.

"What?! What the hell could you have done with those memories?!." I walked closer to Magnus as i spat those words.

"Arabelle." Jace warned and i shook my head.

"No, Jace. I'm tired of all of us risking our lives for her and we always end up going nowhere, you were oh so sure Magnus' was the answer and now look where we are–." I gestured Magnus. "Yeah a dead end, Magnus. That's what this is."

Magnus didn't look surprised at my rambling and sudden burst of emotions, he didn't look amused either.

"I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping." He replied to no one in particular.