Dawn grabs my hand softly, leading me to the couch where Darlene is. I know she wants to be alone with me. I do too. I need it.

"Okay, so we need to talk. A lot of shit has happened," Darlene says, gazing at me.

"I need to talk about something first," I say. "I need to see Whiterose."

"What does she have to do with this?" Dawn asks, puzzled.

"I know the Dark Army was involved in the Evil Corp conference party massacre," I reply, making Dawn's eyes widen.

"That's bullshit," Darlene scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"No. Listen, Darlene. I saw the shooters. They had dragon masks," I explain. Dawn furrows her brows, as if remembering something.

"Maybe it was a coincidence. The Dark Army don't let themselves be known. As a matter of fact, I've never met any of them, besides Cisco," Darlene speaks.

"But it does make sense. The Dark Army would have known about the witness," Dawn says in defence.

"How could they have known that?" Darlene asks. She sighs, getting up from the couch. "I think we're overthinking all of this. It was just a shooting."

"No, it wasn't. It was intentionally planned. Dawn was shot. That has to mean something," I say, gazing at Dawn, whose eyes are focused on me.

"Elliot. We have more important shit to deal with. Come on, dude," Darlene insists. She presses her lips together in frustration.

"No. This is just as important," I say, nodding slowly. I get up from the couch, letting go of Dawn's hand. I turn on my desktop computer. I've missed having the freedom to use it.

"What are you doing?" Darlene asks.

"I need to talk to Cisco. He will know."

"No. Elliot, you can't fucking talk to him," she says as I open up the chat room. I feel Dawn eyeing the screen over my shoulder, but I don't mind.

"I wanna prove it was them. I have to," I say, making Darlene scoff.

"I'm fucking telling you. We have more important shit to deal with!" Darlene exclaims.

"Darlene... Just let him. He knows what he's doing."

"Goddamn it, Dawn. You're always on his side," Darlene yells, sighing.

users online: 思科 , 艾略特.

思科 :艾略特? 你在幹什麼,兄弟?

cisco: elliot? what are you doing dude?

艾略特: 我要跟你說話
elliot: I need to talk to you.

"Look, Elliot. AllSafe has been closed. No one could support it after Gideon's death and the crisis. You no longer have access to Evil Corp's servers," Darlene says.

"It won't matter. That just means they won't have backups on AllSafe anymore. It's an advantage," Dawn says, as if she heard what I was thinking.

"They can always shift to another method of cyber security. They'll go back to Steel Mountain backups," Darlene replies.

"We've got time to think about that," I respond, gazing at the screen.

"What's Cisco saying?" Darlene asks, looking over my shoulder.

思科: 我不知道。我無法訪問此信息.

cisco: i don't know. i don't have access to that information.