Mr. Potter

"YOU NASTY LITTLE FREAK!" Vernon grabbed Harry by the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall.
     "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU ARE JUST SOME PATHETIC LITTLE ORPHAN THAT DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE! HOW DARE YOU TALK BAD ABOUT DUDLEY! GET IN YOUR CUPBOARD NOW!" He slammed the cupboard door open and threw Harry onto the floor, shutting and locking the door behind him. Harry sat there, shaking in fear. He hadn't meant to say that to Dudley. It had slipped out of his mouth like a snake escaping it's glass cage. He was 16. He didn't know what family was supposed to be like. He had only asked why Dudley was such a 'dickhead' to him. He didn't know he wasn't allowed to say that. They all called him that. He thought it was normal. Harry climbed into his bed, ready to forget what had happened.
DXHDXH~le timeskip to school~DXHDXH
   "HEY, POTTER! What happened this time? Did you fall down the stairs again with your clumsiness, or did you do that on purpose? I bet it was the latter, seeing as you're always begging for attention." Draco watched Harry walk by, wondering if maybe there was something else going on. He didn't want to stop him and ask him, for that would make his friends worry for his sanity.
      "Its none of your fucking business, Malfoy. Just leave me alone." Harry pushed Draco away and walked to his next class, or, in this case, the nurse's office to take some pain meds, seeing as Dudley and his gang had just beaten him to a pulp for no good reason. As he got closer to the door, he swore he could feel someone watching him. He turned around, only to find the hallway empty.
      "You're going paranoid, Harry. Just calm down." He breathed deeply before going inside. As he walked inside the office, he heard a groan that could only belong to one person.
    "Mione, what happened?" Hermione looked up as the nurse put some peroxide on the cuts on her arms.
     "'Ello, Harry. I got pushed into a pile of branches in gym. I told someone named Ronald that the angle he was throwing the football at was wrong and his girlfriend didn't like that much." Harry rolled his eyes. Ronald Weasley was an acquaintance of his, and his girlfriend, if you could even call her that, was very jealous of any girl who talked to Ron.
     "Mr. Potter! What happened this time? Was it the same boy?" Madame Pomfrey finished putting the bandages on Hermione and walked over to Harry, sitting him down on the next bed over.
     "It's always the same boy, Madame Pomfrey. You should know this by now." Madame Pomfrey shook her head, agitation clearly showing on her face.
      "I wish you would tell me who it is, dear. Is it that Draco boy? I've been noticing how he talks to you-"
     "No, Madame. Its not him." Hermione watched from her bed. She knew who it was. Well, she knew who THEY were. He had been like this since before middle school, or, at least that's what he said. Harry looked up at her as Pomfrey started to stitch up the gashes on his arms and cheek. He smiled, weakly, at her, but it vanished as soon as he saw the look on her face.
      "Harry. Please just tell her-" She was cut off by the entrance door opening and a moan escaping the mouth of none other than Draco Malfoy.
       "MR. MALFOY! WHAT HAPPENED?" Pomfrey stood up as soon as the last stitch was in. Gregory Goyle laid Draco onto the bed beside Harry, seeing as there were only two beds in the Hospital Wing, and, though Draco 'hated' Harry, he would never want to lay next to Granger, or, as he liked to call her, Mudblood.
     "Ms. Granger. You are the least injured. Can you sit in the chair-" Pomfrey was cut off by the sound of Draco hacking up blood into the trash can beside the bed, and the sound of the door opening again. This time it was Dumbledore, who had heard the shouting from four rooms away.
     "Poppy. What in Merlin's name is going on?" He looked around the room, taking an extra long time staring at Harry Potter who was now patting the back of Draco Malfoy and asking Hermione Granger, who was also watching them with a weird look in her eyes, for some tissues, blood running down his face from the gash in his cheek.
      "I really don't know anymore, Albus. Ms. Granger was pushed into twigs for correcting someone on how they threw the football. Mr. Potter was practically slaughtered by the same person for the eighth time this week. I haven't gotten anything out of Mr. Malfoy, seeing as he has been like this since he got in here." Pomfrey said this as fast as she could, trying to remember everything that had happened. She looked frantically around the room and stared at Dumbledore, pleading for help. Albus turned to Harry who was still rubbing Draco's back as he coughed, his throat sore from all the hacking.
     "Mr. Malfoy. Is it the thing?" Albus stared down at Draco, watching the color that hadn't existed drain from his face.
      "I... I really-" Draco was hacking up blood again, but this time it was nonstop. You could see the pain he was feeling as tears rolled down his face. Everyone knew Malfoys did NOT cry in public. Harry, who's lap was again under Draco as he was leaning over him to reach the trash can, was rubbing his back with one hand and making sure he didn't fall with the other. Dumbledore watched him, wondering if, seeing as he was so busy with Draco, he might slip out who had been practically slaughtering him for the past three years.
     "Mr. Potter?" He didn't look up from Draco, but he made a 'hm?' sound, which was enough for Albus.
      "Who has been hurting you like this?" He watched Harry freeze for a minute, causing Draco to moan in discomfort, but he started to rub his back again as soon as he heard it and stayed quiet for a few minutes.
     "There's no need to worry for me. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." Harry didn't look up, but everyone in the room could hear the crack in his voice as he said those words. Draco went quiet for a moment, seeming as if the blood had stopped, then collapsed onto Harry.
       "Could one of you pass me a few tissues? I don't think he would appreciate having blood on his face when he wakes up." Both Pomfrey and Albus watched as Hermione got up and handed him the box of tissues, looking worriedly at Harry, as if he had been the one coughing up blood. They watched how expertly he wiped up the blood, as if he had done it multiple times.
       "Ms. Granger. Mr. Goyle. Would you please wait outside? I feel Mr. Potter is not going to speak unless you both are out." Albus watched Greg walk out of the room, not looking back, and Hermione paused for a moment, giving Harry a 'you better not lie' look, and walked out of the room. Harry watched her walk out, then went back to cleaning up Draco.
     "Mr. Potter. Why don't you leave the cleaning up to Poppy? I want to talk to you without you being distracted." Harry ignored Albus and threw away the tissues, only to start running his hand through Draco's hair.
      "Mr. Potter!-"
      "NO! PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!" Harry had backed up as close to the wall as he could and held Draco tight in his arms, as if he had forgotten it was Draco he was holding. Albus watched him for a minute, sorrow in his eyes, for he knew what was happening to him. Harry saw the way Albus was looking at him and instantly relaxed. He knew what would happen if they found out about this.
       "Mr. Potter-"
       "I'm fine..... What's wrong with him?" Harry was looking at the boy in his arms, worry clear on his face.
        "Mr. Malfoy was diagnosed with cancer three months ago.. His father thought it a disgrace to the family and kicked him out. He has been living in a children's home since. Poor thing. He doesn't know if he is going to live.." Albus watched Harry as he slowly stroked his hair.
        "Mr. Potter? It's your family that is doing this, isn't it?" Harry slowly nodded, but didn't look up, for he didn't want Dumbledore to see him crying.
          "How long have they been doing this?" Harry slowly looked up, having rid himself of the tears, and stared Albus right in the eyes.
          "It has been like this since before grade school.  I've been beaten, burned and harassed since I can remember. Every teacher I have had has thought that I just rough-housed with my cousin a lot. No one asked me what really happened. I've got scars on my back from the whip my uncle would use when I did something wrong and the burns from the hot pans when I used to mess up breakfast and supper. It always hurts, but I ignore the pain, 'cause if they see me cry, it will give them satisfaction."
       "Mr. Potter...-"
       "You know what else? I've lived in the cupboard under the stairs all my life. Instead of giving me the room that Dudley keeps all his electronics in, they locked me in a tiny broom closet that I can barely stand in. Im not allowed to have anything to eat unless my chores are done, and Uncle and Dudley always mess up something. I can't have lunch here. The last time I had something to eat was almost three weeks ago. And that was only a few slices of bread.-"
         "If you don't fucking stop yelling in my ear, Potter, I will choke you." Draco opened his eyes and stared at Harry as if he was questioning his entire existence, then closed his eyes and got comfortable.
      "How much of that did you hear?" Harry looked scared, as if he might die.
      "Not much. Just that you've been abused by your family since you were little. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I'll probably be dead soon, so..." Draco opened his eyes again and smiled a little.
       "Mr. Malfoy? Are you feeling any better. You need to take your medicine before you start again." Pomfrey watched Draco as he rolled his eyes and got up. He looked at the mirror and groaned.
         "What the fuck happened to my hair?" Draco turned quickly towards Harry and glared.
        "Sorry?"Harry smiled and shrugged, a blush on his cheeks, causing Draco to turn pink. He turned back to Pomfrey and Dumbledore and started towards Pomfrey's office.
      "Shut up, Potter..... No need to apologize...." He walked into Pomfrey's office, ignoring Dumbledore. After both left, Dumbledore turned back to Harry.
     "What would you like me to do about your situation, Mr. Potter? We can keep you in here until classes end and take you to Child Services or we can call Child Services now and get them here now." Dumbledore watched Harry as he fidgeted in his seat on the bed and waited for an answer.
       "Well, the latter seems like a better option, but I wouldn't want anyone to know about this, especially Dudley, who would tell my Aunt and Uncle. I guess I will just stay here.." Dumbledore nodded and started for the door. Just before he opened it, Harry spoke again.
        "Professor? Where am I going to go?" Dumbledore turned to face him, a sad smile on his face.
         "You will most likely be sent to the same children's home as Mr. Malfoy." Harry watched him turn and leave, wondering why his smile seemed to grow when he said that. A few minutes later, both Pomfrey and Draco came out of the office, Pomfrey looking irritated and Draco looking very pleased with himself. As they were coming out, Hermione walked back into the Hospital Wing, a bemused look on her face.
        "Ms. Granger? Is there something you need?" Hermione glowered at Draco, who was smirking, for a minute, then turned to talk to Harry, but realized it was him Draco was smirking at, seeing as he was blushing.
          "Ms. Granger? I believe I asked you a question?" Hermione looked at Pomfrey with a look of incredulity, then told her that she just wanted to talk to Harry.
         "You will have plenty of time to chat, Ms. Granger, when he is not bleeding out from the gashes on his cheek and arms, and when you are not missing class." At this, Hermione had a horrified expression on her face as she said her goodbyes and ran to class.
      "May I go, Madame?" Draco waited for Pomfrey's answer, but realized that she was going to say no by the look on her face and sat down on the empty bed. Harry watched him sit down, then realized he was staring and blushed even more, which was not left alone by Draco, who smiled and winked. Pomfrey started to restitch Harry's face and arms up, then got him to take his shirt off so she could see if anything was infected or not. As she cleaned up cuts, she watched Draco blush like a hormonal teenage girl and shook her head in exasperation.
        "Madame Pomfrey? What exactly am I supposed to do until 3:45?" She paused for a minute, an amused look on her face.
          "Well, I believe you should sleep for so of that time, but when you are not sleeping, I am sure you can find something to do.."
            "Like me..." Draco muttered this, and was not heard by Harry, but got a bewildered look from Pomfrey, which meant that she had heard him.
         "Mr. Malfoy. How about you take your nap now? I think that would be a very good idea for you." Draco rolled his eyes and laid down on his bed.
         "Whatever. Wake me up when it is time to take my meds again." Harry watched him, that is, until Draco opened his eyes to see if Pomfrey was watching, and, seeing as she wasn't, stuck his tongue out at Harry and crossed his eyes. Harry snorted, and Pomfrey turned to Draco and scowled at him.
         "There you go, Mr. Potter. Now, both of you, go to sleep. I will be in my office. Just call if you need me. And, Mr. Malfoy. Stop drooling over Mr. Potter and go to sleep." At this, she walked into her office, and gave them a stern look as she shut the door. Harry and Draco stared at the door for a minute, then turned towards each other.
       "Well, I don't know about you, but I don't plan on going to sleep anytime soon." Harry rolled his eyes at him and smiled.
            "Are you sure, Malfoy? You look very tired to me."
           "Oh, shush, Potter." They sat in awkward silence for a while, and, by the time Draco thought of something to say, Harry had fallen asleep. Draco watched him for a while, memorizing every part of him. How he slept on his stomach, how his breathing was so quiet that you'd think he wasn't breathing at all, and how he would scrunch his nose up when he was uncomfortable. He memorized all the cuts and burns on his body and where they were. He was interrupted in his thoughts when Harry groaned and rolled over. Draco stared, horrified at the destruction of Harry's chest and stomach, and wondered why his family would torture him. Everyone knew that Harry was orphaned at 1 when his parents were murdered by the serial killer, Tom Riddle. Everyone thought that he was taken care of and loved at home. No one, except maybe Granger, knew that he was going through this. Draco closed his eyes and fell asleep. As he did, he turned on his side, so, when he awoke, he would be facing Harry.
     Pomfrey cracked open her door and looked out, smiling when she saw both Harry and Draco asleep, facing one another. Just as she closed her door, she heard the entrydoor to the Hospital Wing slam open. She quickly ran out of the office, only to see Ronald Weasley holding Hermione in his arms. Draco had awoken from the sound of the door and was staring at Ronald like he just puked on him. Pomfrey noticed he was awake.
            "Mr. Malfoy? Could you move over to Mr. Potter's bed and cover him with the blanket?" Draco quickly did as he was told, watching as she laid Hermione down. As he was about to walk to the chair by the window, Pomfrey grabbed his arm to make him stand in place.
          "I don't think so, Mr. Malfoy." Draco stared bemusedly at her until it clicked in his head what she had meant.
          "Madame. I don't think that would be appropriate-"
          "Just get in the bed, Draco. Don't wake Mr. Potter up. He needs all the sleep he can get." She ushered him to the bed and helped him get settled beside Harry, without waking him up, then turned to Hermione, who was still unconscious, and Ron, who was looking at her worriedly. As Draco fell asleep, he felt an arm around his waist and a head of hair under his chin. For the first time in a long while, both boys felt warm and safe.
     Madame Pomfrey had been wiping Hermione's forehead with a cold, wet towel when she looked over at Harry and Draco again, and was relieved to see them sleeping comfortably. She laid the rag on Hermione's forehead to keep her cool while she went into her office to get her lunch. As she walked back to her seat, she looked up at the clock.
       "Well, I guess I should call Ms. Granger's monther, seeing as classes will end in fifteen minutes." She sat down and ate as quickly as she could, wetting wash cloth for Hermione's forehead when it was needed, then went back to her office to call Mrs. Granger.
      While she was on the phone, Harry was waking up. He noticed he was comfortable and thought that he might have died and gone to Heaven. Then he realized that he wouldn't being going to Heaven. He deserved to be sent to Hell. Not only was Harry waking up, but so was Hermione. She could feel a wet cloth on her forehead and an aching pain in her right leg, but she couldn't remember what had happened. She slowly opened her eyes, but the only thing she saw was white.
"What in the name of Merlin happened?" She muttered this as she sat up, eyeing the room. That was when she noticed Harry wrapped in "Malfoy's" arms. She realized that Harry was awake as soon as she saw the way he was breathing and wondered if he knew who he was laying with. As she turned to get up, Pomfrey came bustling into the room, looking at her strictly.
"Oh no you don't, Ms. Granger. You better get back in your bed this instant." Pomfrey noticed Hermione's glances at Harry and Draco, but deemed it unnecessary for her to know why they were like that.
"Madame? What time is it?" Pomfrey looked at her stupidly.
"Almost ending time. I have dialed your mother and she said she would be here soon." Hermione nodded.
"Now, Mr. Potter? How long are you going to act like you are sleeping?" Harry stayed quiet, too comfortable to get up or say anything. Hermione watched him for a moment, smirking, then turned to Pomfrey.
           "Say, Madame? Did Harry tell you about his attraction-" Harry sat up instantly, face red as he looked from Hermione and Pomfrey to Draco who was sleeping soundly, arm still wrapped around his waist. Pomfrey stared at him, a smile on her face, as she walked over and pushed him back down onto the bed and pulled the blanket back up. As soon as he was laying down all the way, Draco cuddled closer to him, rubbing his nose in Harry's hair. Harry's eyes widen as he tried to scramble back up, but Pomfrey's, along with Draco's, grip was tight, keeping him in place. He stuttered, trying to escape the wrath of Pomfrey.
"Go back to sleep. He laid down beside you willingly. Albus will be here after the bell rings-"
"Madame? The bell just rang..." Hermione stared at Pomfrey, watching as she turned towards the door to wait for Albus and Mrs. Granger to come. As both women waited, they watched yhe door and listened to the quiet snores of the boys. Hermione turned towards the boys and smiled. She thought they looked cute. Hermione turned back to the door when she heard rushed footsteps approaching. The door swung open to a women in scrubs with a worried look on her face. She looked at Hermione and rushed over to her.
     "Please tell me you are okay? What hurts? Who did this to you?" Mrs. Granger turned to face Pomrey, but froze when she saw Harry and Draco laying together.
      "Is that Harry? Did his family do something again? Who is the boy laying next to him?" Hermione looked annoyedly at her mother.
      "Yes, I am okay. My ankle. Some girl named Lavender out of jealousy. Yes, that is Harry. Yes. That is Draco." Hermione rushed her answers, for her mother was pressing on her ankle as she spoke. Mrs. Granger raised her hand quickly from it's place and frowned. She turned to Pomfrey.
      "Did you give her any pain medication?" Pomfrey looked at her hesitantly, then shook her head no. Mrs. Granger rolled her eyes.
"Do you have a wheelchair I could take her out in or do I have to carry her out?" Pomfrey could tell she was getting annoyed by the way her voice was cracking. The similarities are endless with these two. Pomfrey thought as she wheeled a rickety wheelchair to Hermione's bed. Both women helped Hermione into the chair. Both daughter and mother thanked Pomfrey, them said their goodbyes. Hermione gave one last glance to Harry, then was wheeled out through the doorway by her mother. As they went down the hall, they walked past people in suits that were accompanying Dumbledore. He smiled at Hermione sadly, then turned to lead the people into the Hospital Wing.
  (MEANWHILE IN HELL AKA THE DURSLEYS HOUSE THE POLICE HAVE COME WITH A WARRANT TO SEARCH THROUGH THE HOUSE AND FIND THE WEAPONS THEY USE ON HARRY AND THE CUOBOARD THAT HAS BEEN HARRY'S HOME SINCE HE WAS DROPPED THERE)
(Back @ de school)
  Pomfrey was talking with one of the many social workers about all the destruction of Harry's body she could remember. Harry was still silently asleep, but Draco had woken up at the noise of clacking work shoes, still the thought of his father barging in and smothering him to death came to his mind at that sound. He was still curled up with Harry, but he was stroking his hair, amd getting his fingers stuck in the knots that seem to be everywhere, and answering question that he knew answers to about Harry. The woman who was questioning him reminded him a bit of his mother, the way she looked at him holding another boy. He sneered at her as she turned away to talk to the others, then nuzzled his head into Harry's hair. The noise the adults were making caused Harry to stir, and when he was awake enough to take in his surroundings, he felt a pair of lips on his forehead, to the left of his scar. The smell of lavender and coconut seemed to be emitting from the white tee that seemed to be clinging onto the person holding him. It calmed him. Well, it would have if there weren't a bunch of people being loud and ruining the mood. Harry groaned and lifted his head to look at his capturer, or, in this case, Draco, who seemed to be enjoying holding Harry next to him. (NOT THAT WAY YOU DIRTY LITTLE FIENDS! THATS NOT IN THIS STORY! DIS IS FLUFF!)
"Good morning, Sunshine..." Draco smirked as Harry's cheeks turned red.
"Don't tell them I'm awake." Harry looked pleadingly at Draco, and Draco smiled evilly.
"Why not? You don't want to stay laying next to me, do you?" Draco pretended to sound hurt, even made a sorrowful face, as he whispered this to Harry, which almost caused him to giggle. He, of course, held it in, for fear of getting caught.
"Of course I don't," Harry whispered sarcastically, "you look too much like a kitten for me to lay next to you." Draco looked confused, which confused Harry.
"Are you saying I am cute, or I am small, because last time I checked, I am about half a foot taller than you-" he shut up quickly when Harry kissed him on the nose.
Harry's cheeks glowed a light pink as he said,"The cute part, and the fact that your hair is really soft." Draco rolled his eyes at the second part.
"Say, Mr. Malfoy? Could you wake up Mr. Potter. They need to know where he would like to go." Albus watched both boys with a knowing look. Draco nodded and pretended to wake up Harry. Harry, being a good actor, groaned and slapped Draco, which caused Draco to growl at him. Harry opened his eyes to see Draco glaring daggers at him and smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry...?" Draco rolled his eyes and got up slowly, not wanting to start again. Harry slowly followed suit. Ten minutes later, Harry had negotiated a plan to go to his godfathers, Sirius and Remus', house, but he wanted Draco with him, seeing as he had only met both men once. Draco, for reason he did not share, did not want to go. It took thirty seconds of puppy-dog eyes from Harry to get him aboard. Pomfrey went home, saying goodbye to everyone and half the social workers left, the other two came along to make sure everything went smoothly. Albus drove the five of them to the address of one Sirius Black, which was not very far, seeing as he lived in his family home with Remus. He parked the car by the sidewalk in front of the house and got out. Harry and Draco were right behind him, followed by the two socials. Dumbledore knocked on the door and waited for an answer. While waiting, they heard a man yell,"Are you fucking serious, Padfoot? Just go answer the door!" and heard someone run down a flight of steps. It went quiet for a few seconds, then the door slowly opened to show a handsome man with long, black hair.
"Albus? What are you doing-" He quickly shut up when he noticed the two boys behind Albus, and the socials.
"Sirius. How are you? You remember James and Lily's so-" Sirius pushed past Dumbledore and grabbed Harry in a tight hug.
"Of course I remember this troublemaker. We used to make havoc all across this town! How are you? What are you doing here? I was told your family members had you under house arrest and wouldn't let you see anyone that was close to your parents?" Harry looked at him, red in the face from being suffocated so badly, and smiled sadly. As he was about to say something, a golden haired man with scars on his face came up behind Sirius.
        "Who is it, Padfoot?- Oh. Dumbldore. What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?" He watched Sirius release Harry, and, recognizing him imediately, frowned.
       "What has happened? I thought we were not allowed to see him?" He turned an icy glare on Dumbledore who only chuckled and asked to come in. Both men obliged and lead everyone to the sitting room, Sirius lighting the fire.
       "Mr. Black and Mr. Lupin-"
       "I mean not to ridicule, but I am actually a Black now. We have been married for almost a year now."
       "Oh... Yes... Well, anyways, we would like to know if you were aware of the treatment of Mr. Potter at his relatives house?" Sirius and Remus both looked bemused, but Remus' expression turned to anger very quickly.
        "You don't mean to tell us that they were-"
        "I am afraid so, Mr......Black...." Remus put his bitchface on at the pause in saying his name. The other social noticed this and nudged her companion. He glared icily at her and excused himself to sit outside for a moment.
        "I am truly sorry. He was raised as a full-blown Christian. Anyways, we have sent the Special Victims Unit to the Dursley's house and all three should be on their way to the department as we speak. We need to know if you would be willing to take in Harry until he is old enough to live on his own, and, if so, where you would be having him sleep." Sirius' face changed from anger to giddyness in 0.000000000001 seconds.
      "Of course we will! There are five extra bedrooms, seeing as Remmy and I share a room, so he can choose whichever for himself and his boyfriend, though, by the look on his face, he thinks I care that he is a Malfoy, so whatever." Draco looked astonished for a moment, then a bit of guilt and aggravation mixed together.
       "I am actually not a Malfoy anymore. I was disowned." Draco wouldn't look up from his lap. Both Sirius and Remus watched as Harry handled him gently. He seemed to be an antique vase. One wrong touch could break him.
        "Well, your father was always a perfectionist and your mother hated anything that reminded her of rainbows." Sirius winked at both boys, as Harry had gotten Draco to sit back up.
        "Go on upstairs and search for a room. Just dont go in the one that has Sirius' name on it. Don't go in Regulus' room either. And no getting frisky!" Remus yelled the last part as they ran up the stairs, getting a return of "Shut it, Moony!" from what sounded like Harry. The social worker smiled and pulled some papers out of a case.
        "Just read through, sign and they are both yours to keep."
                   THE END BITCHES