Wild at Heart + Dead Angels + Heart-Shaped Box

I silently returned to the compound and managed to get to my room without talking to anyone. I just stayed there for days. I knew I was missing things, but I just didn't want to see anyone. I couldn't talk to anyone about Tristan. In all their eyes, he was a villain who wanted to put an end to their reign. None of them knew him like I did. That was why when the prophecy was dealt with and my children were safe, I would find him and free him. 

~~~~~~

 After several days, there was a soft knock on my door. "Father? It's Elijah. Can I come in?"

 I really would have preferred he did not see me in such a state, but I said, "You can come in, son."

 Elijah stepped into the room. "How are you, Father? Freya told me about your...history with Tristan. I understand that you're hurting right now."

 "Yes. I have been. But tell me what's been happening. Whatever became of Camille? How are Hayley and Hope faring now that Jackson is gone?"

 "Hayley and Hope have moved back in here. She asked Klaus if they could. He said yes." 

 "Did they, now?" Right. Now nothing made sense. After everything Klaus had done, that woman still wanted him to be in her life and their daughter's life? What was it about Klaus that made everyone forgive him? I had been trying to make up for what I had done, and for about ninety-five percent of the time everyone acted like I didn't even exist.

 "As for Camille," Elijah went on, "she became a vampire, spiraled out of control, stole the one object that could potentially kill us because Klaus took her dark objects out of concern for her well-being, and now that object, a figurine made of white oak, is now in the hands of Aurora de Martel."

 Wow. I had missed far more than I realized.

 "And...Aurora kidnapped Freya. Apparently she plans to bury her alive." 

 "Freya...buried alive?" was all I could manage to say. Freya, my sweet, beautiful Freya, was going to buried alive by that witch Aurora?

 I promptly stood and cried, "Where is Aurora de Martel? I don't give a damn if she is Tristan's sister. If she harms my daughter, I will tear her to pieces!"

 "It seems you'll have to get in line," Elijah said dryly. "Klaus and I are going to find her. I knew you would want to come. Father, I know you want to make things right. Don't think I never notice you, because I do. You let the man you care for be sacrificed for us, to defeat the prophecy. I know I have not paid you much attention, and I am sorry for that. But now, Father, we have to save Freya."

~~~~~~

 "So this is it?" I asked. "We're in the middle of nowhere."

 "But Freya is here somewhere," Klaus said. "I can smell her blood. We'll split up. I'll follow the scent. Elijah, you and Father can do some-"

 "If you're tracking Freya, I'm going with you," I cut in. "I have to save my daughter from that madwoman."

 "Oh, don't worry, old man. Either of you. Aurora dies today."

 I followed Klaus as Elijah went in a different direction, towards an old cabin. I had felt fine around Elijah, but I got a feeling of dread once I was alone with Klaus. I walked besides him silently until we came to a field of graves.

 "They're all exactly the same," I said. "How do we know which once Freya is in?"

 "That's just it," Klaus replied, "We don't. We'll have to start digging."

 "What if we don't find her in time? She could suffocate, Klaus!"

 "Then I suggest you start digging," he growled. 

 At first we had no luck. For the first few graves we dug up, I hoped it was my daughter, but my hopes sunk when the grave was empty. While Klaus was digging up another grave, I noticed something.

 "Klaus." I pulled on his sleeve. "Look there. There's blood coming out of that grave."

 "Then that's her."

 We quickly dug up the grave and forced the coffin open. And there was Freya, still alive. I helped her out of the coffin and then hugged her tight.

 "The reunion will have to wait," said Klaus. "Now we have to find Elijah."

 We quickly made our way back to the cabin. Just in time to see Aurora almost kill Elijah with a wooden bullet. Freya used her magic to send the bullet in another direction, and Aurora ran, Klaus following her.

 "Freya, let me take you home," I said to her.

 "But what about Aurora?"

 "Your brothers have it under control. You were buried alive, darling. I am not letting you go chasing after some lunatic."

 I quickly got her out of there and took her home. It felt good to actually be able to have some authority one of my children, even though they were all grown up.

~~~~~~

 Elijah and Klaus returned some time later. They did not look triumphant at all.

 "I take it Aurora did not actually die today?" I asked.

 "Nearly," Klaus replied. "But she came close to succeeding in murdering Elijah. I decided caring for him was more important than killing Aurora."

 "There will be other days," I said, happy to hear him say such a thing about his brother.

 Elijah, thankfully, had healed. So now there came another plan.

 Kill them all. Kill anyone who tried to end the Mikaelsons.