My good girl

Hellooo, thank you very much for wanting to read this fic, it means a lot to me.

IMPORTANT.

If you had read this fic before, then you might notice I rewrote it, because I realized it was so but so horribly written. Do enjoy and tell me what you think.

A/N: I do not own One Piece.

A/N: English is not my first language.

***

She watched as the water took some sand with it while slipping away from the shore, and consequently, away from her, tilting her face when the little wave neared her body once more, soaking her small frame with great ease. Sitting on her knees, completely unware of the heavy sighs of the care takers that were few feet behind her due to all the time spent trying to dress her turning out to be in vain, her eyes not once wandered away from the water or the sand that swirled in small whirlpools on the folds of her clothes. When the salty liquid approached her again, the little girl planted her hands against it with unmuted determination, feeling the sand slipping through her fingers, noticing how easily the water did the same. A pout adorned her face not a second later, annoyance written all over her slightly puffy cheeks and almost comical frown before she closed her small fists again.

She blinked a couple of times in wonder when the wave slipped away from her once more, but she was left holding something that hadn't been there before. She rose her palms, closed on tiny fists, like she was holding something that was going to go away as soon as possible, and once they were close to her face she inspected the strange thing.

The formless portion of water and sand floated in the air just a few inches above the skin of her hand as curios eyes stared at It intensely, her mouth slightly open because of how pretty it actually was, enough to take her childish mind's attention. The sun that had been covering her was replaced with a huge shadow, easily engulfing her body, and making the girl crane her neck as much as she possibly could, trying to see just who was standing there, watching her. But just as she stopped watching the water and sand lost what little consistence it had had while it had been floating, wetting her hands once more in the process of falling back to the sea, causing the child to look back at her palms in wonder and surprise.

"Yue~ " The voice of the man with the thick coat of bright pink feathers rumbled with amusement as he called her, noticing how little of her attention he now had. But she was way too busy frowning at her hands and the emptiness above them, apparently deciding she didn't like it at all, making her plant both palms on the sand again when the wave touched her knees, this time pushing her body onwards so she could chase the water. But a hand holding on the back of her dress and lifting her from the ground stopped all attempts of voluntary getting into deeper water. Doflamingo was not about to let that happen- Having her drowning because she could never learn how to swim was not an option. It had taken way too much work getting that Devil Fruit, and getting her to actually eat it had proved to be twice as hard. The nature of the experiment demanded certain precautions to be taken, and no one would ever say he wasn't a naturally prepared man.

She shook her hands as she was in the air, feeling her skin going too cold for her liking. When the cold feeling was still there she shook her hands even more energetically, a by now almost permanent frown on her face, even when the man sat her on his arm, staring intently from behind his glasses before proceeding, just in case she got angry and decided to start shaking her legs as well. If he had learned something with Dellinger was to never underestimate an infant when in the middle of a tantrum, not when you couldn't exactly shut it using the same measures as pirate would shut annoying things.

The skirt of her pink dress was a disastrous mess in which water and sand worked together to maybe make the fabric unrepairable, but the girl didn't seem to be bothered by it in the least, too busy looking at her palms as she was, shaking them occasionally.

"Fufufufufu, they are not going to get completely dry that way" He brought on one of the ends of his coat up to her hands with one of his, drying the remaining water with the bright pink feathers, not really noticing nor caring if some of the sand did stay on it.

"Water cold" Was the absolutely and completely serious statement of the girl, once he finished and she was left with skin that felt fresh but wasn't wet. The man wasn't quiet with his laugh at the almost severe look on her face as she stared at her own hands, though it was silenced when she stared up at him with large, unblinking reddish brown eyes, tilting her head to one side as she reached for the feather like frame of his glasses "Feathers ... not cold?"

A wicked grin spread across his face and accordingly wicked laughter accompanied it "Exactly" There was a nod of his head, a shift of his feet, a maniacal like expression almost sculpted on his face as he turned on his heels "You were practicing, huh, Yue? Fufufufufu. That's a good girl" He walked past the care takers and their anxious expressions, not caring enough about their fidgety attitude and how they constantly sneaked a glance at his hands, probably having to do with just how much blood they had seen on them before. A beach chair, almost comically placed in front of the mountains upon mountains of metal waste and under a bright pink umbrella, was his destination as he sat on it, quick on stretching his ridiculously long legs. The child was placed on his lap with ease, and a hand sooner than later found its way to her brown haired head "That's my good girl~"