33-Breaking Free

Hello everyone! Thank you so much 11k on this story! As my thanks, here's an extra long chapter for you! Hope you enjoy it and do vote and comment. I love hearing from you all!

BAILEY'S POV:

NIGHT OF THE PRE-TALENT SHOW PARTY.

                                                                    I was pacing around my room as I waited for Matt to drive by. He was supposed to pick up Jonah and Amber and then swing by to pick up Nate and myself. Due to nerves, I had gotten into my outfit really early. It was barely half past six, and Matt was supposed to come at seven. Nevertheless I freaked out. So much could go wrong!

                                                                    I could get there late. I could forget the lyrics on stage. I might freeze and not utter a word and look like a fool. The crowd might absolutely hate me! I could have a wardrobe malfunction. I might perform only to find that the mic isn't working and nobody heard me. Lynn knocked on my door. I jumped at the sound. "Chill out sister. You'll work up a sweat if you continue pacing. You'll ruin your make up." She adviced as she lay down on my bed. I fought the urge to touch my face. Lynn had spent almost an hour on my make up and I didn't want to ruin it. 

                                                                    "Maybe I should just quit. I mean, no one's going to miss me if I don't perform." I said and sat down beside her. "Your friends will. And Nate will. Maybe Matt will too. You can't deny that there are people counting on you to be there, Lee. And I know for a fact that you guys are going to smash it." She said. "You really think that, don't you?" I smiled drily. Lynn sat up. 

                                                                  "Let's assume you skipped your performance. Are you sure you don't want to be there to support the others? You said Max will be performing in a small skit and Ellie is debuting her poetry...they need you there as much as you need them." Lynn said. My phone began to ring; Amber was calling.

                                                                    "You're right. I'm going to go there and be there for my friends. And perform without worrying about anything. I'll call you once I'm off the stage, 'kay?" I said as I grabbed my coat. "Sure. Good luck!" Lynn hugged me and I ran downstairs as fast as I could in heels. "Nate let's go!" I called out. He came down with his guitar and mom came out of her room. "Good luck you guys. Call me once you're done. And don't forget to have fun! That's the most important thing." She said. "We know, mom." Nate hugged her and I did the same before going out.

                                                                 Matt was in the drivers seat. I took Nate's guitar from him and we both got into the back seat with Amber. Jonah gave me a high five from the passenger side. "We're going to rock this!" He announced and we all whooped in response. The drive barely took twenty minutes. The party was being held in the local town hall that the students contributed towards and rented every year for this event. Though the pre-talent show party was not an official school event, teachers had begun to attend it over the years. Now it was like school tradition (though the school still refused to pay for the hall). 

                                                                 Nate got off at the entrance so that he could go set up for the performance. The rest of us got off after Matt had parked in the parking lot. As we got out of the car Matt asked, "You nervous?" I snorted. "I almost didn't come today." I replied. Matt frowned. "How are you going to handle pressure tomorrow? You know that you'll be on stage alone, right?" He asked as we caught up with Amber and Jonah. "Yeah. This will be practice." I said.