Chapter Twelve

The day before the match a letter came from the company to advise that, Coach Harvey would no longer be returning to complete his duties. After an in-depth investigation the company decided he was no longer a suitable representative for the face of the cheerleading squad and they offered me the job instead on a long term basis. Me!

They were happy with the routine that I have choreographed for the first game and the letter advised as long as I kept up the hard work, I was sure to go far. I was so pleased that they had noticed and I couldn’t wait to tell the girls, I just hoped they would be as excited as I was. This was going to be great and I was so excited, I had so many ideas for different routines that I was sure we would be the best damn cheer squad in the professional league.

Zak was so pleased for me too, he read the letter and picked me up spinning me around, he promised to take me out to celebrate and I was so happy as he kissed me, spinning me around ridiculously making me laugh so hard. It would be nice to have the extra job security and the pay rise was very welcomed for us and would help us to save in case god forbid anything was to happen.

Training the next day was intense, I took the girls inside to train so that there were no distractions and by the end of the four hour practice they had aced the routine. I was thrilled because we were going to show up the opposing team, and in doing so we would give our boys the confidence needed to win the match.

I made them run the routine another three times before I allowed them to call it a day, then because the boys were still practicing we all head out to the bleachers to watch them. The coach was screaming out different plays to them and Zak being the Quarterback was trying to get them all into position before he had an aneurism.

They were practicing in full gear today and it was so hot out I could tell just by looking at them that they were so tired, so when Coach blew the final whistle marking the end of practice they all collapsed to the ground. I slowly walked over to Zak to help him up on his feet, I offered him my hand but instead of letting me pull him up, he pulled me down on top of him.

I landed painfully on top of his plastic shoulder pads as he pulled off his helmet, he chuckled and rolled us over so he was on top and kissed me on the lips. The rest of the boys around us hollered and wolf whistled at us and I laughed into the kiss, trying to push him off me but he was just too big.

“Get off me, everyone’s watching.” I laughed.

“So?” he chuckled.

“Let’s take this somewhere more private huh?” I whispered in his ear.

He shot off me and up onto his feet pulling me with him, then he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder in a fireman’s lift and ran off with me, leaving the rest of the team laughing. The coach was shouting at Zak not to have any sexual activities and to save his stamina for tomorrow’s game, but it fell on deaf ears as Zak just kept running bobbing me up and down.

“Put…oomf…Me….oomf…..Down!” I said bashing off his uniform.

“Sorry.” He replied setting me on my feet. “Got myself all excited for a minute there.”