Part 1

Slight AU, based on Persistent. Cinder is dead, the events of Volume 3 never happened. Roman still teaches.

  It had been a while since Ruby and Roman had seen each other. Team RWBY had been on missions almost constantly lately. It was their third year in Beacon. She was still able to share emotions with Roman. From what she felt, he was stressed a lot. Being a teacher was harder than he thought it would be. It had been nearly a month since she had last seen Roman, and two weeks since their last conversation. They weren't allowed to have their scrolls on certain missions.

Ruby stepped into her dorm room and hung her cloak on the bedpost of her bunk. It was Friday night, and she was exhausted. She had just gotten back from her last mission. She hoped it would be her last for a while. She was exhausted, but her teammates were out with their soulmates. She stretched and gathered her pajamas. It was a rather warm night, so she chose a pair of shorts over her usual long pajama pants. She was just about to change when a text popped up on her scroll.

  Roman: "Evening, Red. Are you free tonight?"

  Ruby: "For you? Of course I am! Do you have something specific planned?"

  Roman: "No, Red. I don't. I haven't seen you in a month and I haven't thought one bit about our next date. Of course I do. It's not much, just a movie at my apartment." Roman slept in his teacher dorm during the week, and went to his apartment for weekends and holidays.

Ruby: "No need to be so sarcastic. I can have Yang drive me there. Let me tell my team, so that they don't worry."

Roman: "Actually, for safety purposes, have her take you to Junior's club."

She sent out a group text to her teammates.

Ruby: "Is it okay if I spend the night with Roman tonight?"

Weiss: "Just be careful. I want you to come home unharmed and not pregnant."

Yang: "Yeah! No hanky panky. I'll kill him."

Blake: "And I would be more than willing to help."

Ruby: "Really, Yang? 'hanky panky'? You sound like dad. Guys, I'm pretty sure Roman isn't interested in that sort of thing."

Yang: "How do you know?"

Ruby: "Um, he's my soulmate and we've been dating for almost two years? Oh, by the way, Yang, could you drop me off at Junior's club?"

Yang: "Sure. Get your things together while I get Bumblebee ready."

Ruby felt like a shaken up can of soda. She was more than just excited. she quickly rushed around the room and grabbed her clothes and toiletries and stuffed them into a suitcase. She donned her cape and activated her semblance. In less than a minute, she was standing outside of Beacon's gates beside Yang's motorcycle.

"Ready?" Yang asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, get on."

Ruby hopped onto the motorcycle behind her sister and held on for dear life. She knew Yang could be a speed demon at times, but she always trusted her. Yang put her helmet on and started down the road. The ride would take about twenty minutes at a normal speed, but Yang was able to get them there in about fifteen. When they arrived to the parking lot of Junior's club, Yang and Ruby stepped off of the motorcycle. Yang unfastened her helmet and took it off. She shook her head slightly and ran her fingers through her hair.