Chapter 26; Lost One, Found One

Start from the beginning

“What’s wrong with her?” Matt asked him, and I felt so bad to have him being a part of this.

“She thinks you’re mad at her,” Ryder said, and I assumed it was to Harry. And that made me want to punch Ryder, I didn't expect him to tell Harry that I thought so.

“Are you mad at her?” I assumed either Aaron or Kale said. I don’t really know their voices as much as I know Matt, Ryder and Harry’s. 

"Yes," Harry answered him, not even bothering to try and make any lie for them. I assumed he wouldn't let them know, but I see I was wrong.

"Why? What'd she do?" Matt asked, sounding concerned and not at all scared. So maybe Harry didn't know after all, I really hoped he didn't.

"You should know why I'm mad," Harry snapped, with his voice cold as ice.

"Dude chill, Matt didn't do anything," That was definitely Aaron; because I know him and Matt are best friends and he'd defend him.

"Oh really?" Harry asked, his voice raising a little. I think he wanted me to hear this, since his voice got louder and louder. "Is there anything you're hiding from me?"

"No, what would I have to hide from you?" Matt asked, clearly confused at what Harry's problem is. And by now I realized, it has been confirmed that he knows; but I just need to know how... Matt and

I never made our relationship public, so I wouldn't think he'd figure it out, someone must have told him something.

"Are you hiding something from me?" He asked, this time saying it slower.

"No, what's your problem?" Matt asked, and he sounded close to snapping.

"Okay, you won't tell me, so I'll go get Anna and we shall sort this out." He said, and I quickly put my headphones over my ears so he wouldn't know I was listening. The window slid open and Harry's head popped out, I immediately turned away and ignored him. But of course that wouldn't work out too well; he pulled my headphones from my ear and forced me to listen to him.

"We need to talk," He said sternly, taking my hand and pulling me up.

I didn't oblige, I just walked lazily behind him as he jumped back into the room. I didn't go in; instead I sat on the window sill as he sat on the window seat.

"Matt, do you have a girlfriend?" Harry started, and Matt's face furled with confusion.

"Uh... no, why do you care?" He asked, trying not to look at me as he kept his eyes on Harry.

"Okay, sure." And then he turned to me. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I shook my head, but didn't open my mouth to say anything. I feared my voice would crack, and he'd tell I'm lying.

"Okay, would you guys like to be couple if you aren't already dating?" He snapped. "How can you not tell me you're dating Matt, Anna?"

"I'm not dating Matt," I said, and just as I had figured, my voice cracked.

"Wait, how the hell would she be dating Matt?" Kale asked. "Doesn't she like my brother?"

If any other time but this, I'd have thrown a pillow at him, but now wasn't the time, I knew that.

"And she doesn't even hang out with Matt," Aaron said, and I was hoping he'd believe Aaron, because Aaron is Matt's best friend, so he'd know. Although, I didn't even know if Matt told Aaron and he's covering for us, or maybe he just doesn't know.

Harry took his phone from his pocket and showed me a picture of Matt and me. It was when we were roller skating, and the picture was took at the worst time. It was when Matt had kissed me after I told him about the bullying. "How do you even know that's me Harry? It could be Lillian or Lilly," I said, trying to make my voice less weak so he couldn't sense my worry.