Prologue

'Kajol... Come on your going to be late for school,' Mum calls out from the kitchen. I get out of bed and shuffle to the bathroom and take a shower. I put on a pair of shorts and blue and yellow t-shirt, grab my bag and hurry out of the door, barely speaking to my mum as I'm in such a rush. I see my bus at the front of my house and start running-fast-to the bus and of course it is full expect one seat and I do not want to sit next to the occupant of the seat it is next to.
But of course I have to shimmy onto the seat next to her. Jesus what is she wearing! I move closer to the window not making any eye contact and stay this way for the whole journey. Finally the bus arrives at school. I'm about to pick up my bag, when this guy whacks me with his bag.
'Oh... I am so sorry I didn't mean to... are you okay?' He says in surprised voice.
'Yeah' I mumble back. We are both just stranded there looking at each other. His eyes are like the universe, I never seen someone with eyes like that. They are gorgeous. I watch the guy walk off the bus. God, his eyes are so mysterious, when you look into his eyes it's like you're in another world. Someone barges into me causing me to move snatching me away from my dream state. I stumble off the bus and see Lalita standing at the gate waiting for me. As I walk towards her, I bump into him.
'Sorry,' I stammer as he looks at me with a little smile.
'It's okay, Kajol' he says with a little giggle in his voice and walks off. What? How does Shahrukh know my name? Like he is the most popular guy in school and the Captain of the Cricket team. Did that really just happen?
'Hello... earth to Kajol' Lalita waves her hand in my face with a quizzical expression on her face.
'Aha hey' I smile as we walk into school.
'What was happening with you and Shahrukh?' she asks.
'Nothing, he accidentally bumped into me' I shrug as we both walk into our English class. I catch Shahrukh staring at me when I walk in. Why was staring at me? I get bumped by Fiona as I lose myself in his dreamy eyes.
'Oh am sorry, move over idiot' she snarls pulling one of her bitchy faces.
Fiona is the popular girl, that every guy wants and longs for. She so mean though so I don't get why people love her? Shahrukh and Fiona are the school match because they are both popular and are the hottest people in school and that couple who can't stop making out.
'God, she is so mean' Lalita sighs. We both sit down; I can't help but to gaze Shahrukh who is aross the room from me. I turn away trying to focus myself on reality but I can see in the corner of my eye his staring at me, I can't help but blush.
**************
She so pretty, and her sweet smile and her laugh is too cute, I can't stop looking at her. Fiona is getting so annoying, droning on about how she almost died because her nail broke! She so girly and so boring. Plus she started being so blatantly mean to people! With her make up that made her such a Barbie doll. She never used to wear this much I swear?
But Kajol, she is so different, and I've never talked to her until what happened on the bus and when we, ohh, bumped. There is something about her that makes me feel... Crazy andI blush. I've never felt like this before. Fiona and I have never had anything like this.
*********
What was happening to me???
*********
What was happening to me????