Goodbye Pack

As I walked back through my house I started to feel this pain again. Like someone was literally trying to rip out my heart, and then it hit me. My mate was having sex with someone else. Nearly every night I would get this feeling and it would leave me in tears, sitting in the corner of the room. Not knowing what it was. I guess when you meet your mate, the pain become stronger, a lot stronger. The glass of water I was holding slipped from my grasp and shattered into a thousand shards of glass.

I knew he felt the connection between us when we touched, yet he is still sleeping around. I ran up the stairs to my room and collapsed on my bed in tears. The last thought I remember before everything was black was why?

 BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I opened my eyes and hit the alarm clock until it fell off my cabinet and finally shut up. I got out of bed and went to go have a shower. It was nice having water wash over me, like it was carrying all the bad problems away. I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself.

After I dried myself and my hair, I walked over to my closet and put on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a plain white tank top and one of my brother's old hoodies. After he died I took pretty much all his hoodies and jumpers. I don't know why but they always made me feel safe, like he was still here watching over me. My shoulder length blonde hair was dead straight. Sometimes having naturally straight hair comes in useful.

I had one friend. Samantha 'Sam' Jamison. She was in the same year as me and she would drive me to school and take me back. We would spend lunch together and she was in all of my classes. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and it read 7:35am. I said goodbye to mum and dad and walked outside and began waiting for Sam. After 10 minutes of waiting I figured she wouldn't be coming so I began walking. It wasn't that far.

As I walked into the school grounds the warning bell had just gone off. I scanned the parking lot to see if I could spot Sam when my eyes hung over the 'popular' crowd. I saw Sam with her arms wrapped around Lucas 'the beta' of our pack and nates best friend. My eyed drifted, and met nates. He didn't look pissed but not exactly happy either. I don't understand how he could let Lucas accept Sam but he won't accept me.

I tore my eyes from his and practically ran into school. I stopped at my locker to get my math book for first period, when Sam started walking over to me with Lucas' arm draped over her.

"Hey Spencer!" he said all jolly, as if we were friends.

I looked at her and Lucas "Hi." I said before shutting my locker and walking to my next lesson.

Sam grabbed hold of my arm. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked me, as if nothing's happened.

"What's wrong!? You're really going to ask me that?" I said and pulled my arm out of her grasp and continued walking.

.................

The bell ran signalling it was the end of the day. I was about to turn the corner when I heard Sam and Louise talking.

"You know you're lucky you found us, now you can finally get rid of that skanky little problem." She said smirking.

"Yeah, I'm kind of glad to be honest. She was always too clingy and shit." Sam replied.

I couldn't take this anymore. I walked past them both. I heard Sam calling my name but I ignored it. I ran home and started crying. Luckily mum and dad were still at work. I ran up the stairs and got a duffel bag. I threw 3 pairs of jeans, 4 tops and 5 of my brother's hoodies as well as undies. I got 3 pictures of me and my brother and my mum and dad and threw them in, as well and 2 converse. I took it down stairs and started putting some food and water bottles in a backpack and placed them on the kitchen island. I got the notepad and wrote my goodbye letter.

Dear mum, dad and Johnny,

I am so sorry. For all these years I have been such a terrible burden on all of you, but you don't have to worry about that anymore, I'm leaving and I'm never coming back. Tell Sam that she finally got what she wanted. I've finally given up and I cannot take all this tormenting and bullying.

I'm sorry

Spencer

I rang a cab for them to come and get me. I had 3 grand in £50 notes and told the driver to drive as far away from here and I would pay him. As we were leaving Carlton I looked at the town's sign. In the background I heard wolves howling. They must have found and read the note. They tried mind linking me, asking me where I was. But I blocked them out.

Goodbye pack.