Chapter 2

The next morning Swara had woken up early and called someone.

Swara: Can you check on him? I'm worried because he called me last night.

Other person: Ok Bhabi I'll check and let you know and don't worry, I know not to tell anyone! Yes the other person is Uttara.

Swara: Thanks Uttara, please make sure he's okay. And with that she hung up.

Uttara: I just don't understand my Bhai and Bhabi. They love each other so much but they let stupid things get in the way of their relationship! Bhabi has called me everyday for the past four months to make sure Bhai is doing okay, and here Bhai drinks away the pain of being separated from her. I want to tell Bhai that Bhabi still cares for him, but I promised her secrecy, therefore I can't. 😞 Oh, I forgot to tell Bhabi about my marriage being fixed! I wish her and Ragini Bhabi were here with me, but...

Badi
Swara and Ragini were headed to meet their new clients for the wedding planning business that they had started two months back. They were excited as this was the biggest wedding they were ever offered to plan and that too only two months into their business! Ragini was hesitant at first, but Swara had convinced her that this would boost their business up and get them more customers, and so she agreed.

They walked in and were greeted by a lady that looked very orthodox. They greeted her and she had them sit in the living room.

Swara: Gayatri Aunty we are really excited about planning your son's wedding!

Gayatri: You aren't Marwari are you? You don't look it. How can I expect you to plan a Marwari wedding for my only son when you don't even know the rituals?

Swara was taken back by Gayatri's comment. Ugh, I can't believe I got myself into this, she thought.

Ragini: Don't worry Gayatri Aunty, I am Marwari and Swara is half Marwari. We know exactly how a Marwari wedding should take place, so I can guarantee you there will be no problems from our side.

Although she was still a bit hesitant, Gayatri had agreed. She was sure to tell them if they messed up anything, she would not spare them.

The sisters took an envelope from Gayatri that had the bride and groom's information and pictures and left from there. As they were walking out, someone else had noticed them from a distance.

Gayatri: Oh, Sanskar beta your here?

Sanskar: Namaste Aunty. Sorry I'm late but can I ask who those two girls were?

Gayatri: Those two, yes they are the wedding planners for Uttara and Chirag's wedding.

Sanskar was shocked. What a coincidence, the more he wanted to avoid Swara, destiny had planned something else for them.

After discussing some property and dowry matters with Gayatri, Sanskar left to his car. He was frustrated and didn't understand why his mom couldn't see that these people weren't good for his sister Uttara. His mom was adamant and did not want to listen to his bade ma either. Sanskar knew these people were just greedy for money, but his mom wasn't ready to see this. He sighed, started his car, and headed to the police station.