Chapter Twelve: Preparations to be Made

"Miss Collins, may I come in?" Maggie asked from outside Annabeth's bedroom door. Annabeth opened the door her beautiful wedding dress flowing as she walked. Maggie herself was in her best dress.

"You look so beautiful today." Annabeth complimented; Maggie nodded as if saying thank you.

"As do you, Miss." She smiled. "Is anyone coming to do your hair and makeup?" She asked politely. Annabeth thought for a moment then shook her head.

"I was planning on doing it myself, would you like to do it for me?" Annabeth asked. Maggie smiled brightly and nodded. "Splendid!" Annabeth cheered as she sat at her vanity mirror.

First Maggie only tied up the top half of Annabeth's hair, letting the bottom hang loosely. Then she took the tied piece of hair, untied it holding onto it so it would not come undone, the splitting it into four different pieces and braiding them, then finally tiring the end of the braids together again.

"Now, where do you keep your makeup?" She smiled, admiring her work. Annabeth absolutely loved what her hair looked like.

"In the purple felt box, second self towards the top." Annabeth instructed. Soon after Maggie quickly walked back, skimming over Annabeth's makeup. "How do you know how to do these sorts of things?" She asked.

"Well, doing someone else's makeup is very simple. It is like painting a picture, like a self-portrait really. It shows your characteristics, without it being extremely obvious to other observers." Maggie explained as she applied a dark brown eye shadow to Annabeth's eyelids, fading it into her pale skin.

"What does my makeup say about me?" Annabeth asked curiously.

"I see a courageous woman who will stop at nothing to have a voice and stand up for what is right." Maggie applied blush to Annabeth's cheek bones. " I also see a lost, hurt child, longing for companionship." She finished as she applied a light pink lip stain to Annabeth's lips. Annabeth was almost in tears. "Now don't start crying, you don't want to ruin your makeup on your wedding day, now do you?" Maggie laughed. Annabeth blinked back the tears. As Maggie got up to leave Annabeth quickly walked to catch up with her and tightly hugged her. "Now what was that for?" Maggie asked.

"To say thank you, for all you've done. I really appreciate it." Annabeth smiled, helping Maggie stand and escorting her to the door once they were finished. "I'll cherish our talks till the end of time."

"As will I Miss Collins, as will I." Maggie smiled kindly before leaving the room.