Chapter 13; I was wrong...

Previously on 'The Prince and the Pauper';

As (Y/N)'s brother stood at the door watching the pair, he thought he'd never see a pair as compatible as these...

Not that he'd state that aloud.
------------------------------------
Currently;

After the delivery had come, Kyoya made it his duty to help his secret lover within the kitchen. He grabbed an apron, to avoid ruining the yukata, and started slicing up some beef.
                 "Are we making Udon?" The bespectacled male questioned, curling his arms around the (H/C)'s waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"We'll see where it goes and what we have to play with." She uttered with a smile, pressing her lips to his pale cheek.

        They separated and went back to cooking, and (Y/N) left the food to stew, keeping an eye on it, whilst trying to reach the bowls and kneeling on the kitchen worktop.

Kyoya caught a glimpse, smirking and held in his laughter, waiting to hear a cry of help.
            He watched patiently as his beloved knelt on the work top, but as soon as she began to topple, he ran to her aid, supporting her.

"Now, be careful. If anything happens to you, your brother will hightail it here to kick me out the house." The cool type mumbled into his best girl's shoulder. "He's a frightening man."

(Y/N) giggled, trying not to burst into a laughing fit. "He's just trying to intimidate you, he's as soft as a marshmallow!"

In Kyoya's head, he saw the image of Mamoru dancing around dressed as a pink marshmallow, and he almost lost it.

His facade almost crumbled.

(Y/N) treasured that moment with him.

As the couple were in the kitchen making dinner, Mamoru thought they were taking too much time, so we went to investigate.
       He found what he didn't want to see. The pair kissing whilst (Y/N) sat on the worktop, and Kyoya was between her legs.

Mamoru's instincts kicked in; he immediately went over and pushed Kyoya away, and pulled his sister close whilst petting her hair.

      Kyoya stumbled backwards and landed with his hands against the opposite worktop. His eyebrows twitched, and he sighed. "Mamoru-san, what is all this about?" The agitation in his voice evident.

The elder sibling glared, only to have his arm twisted and head smacked against the counter. "What are you doing?!" The (H/C) asked angrily.
                  "Protecting you?" He quizzically mumbled.

"Don't need it." She retorted, releasing her brother and going to Kyoya. "Mamoru, you are finishing dinner, as penance. Kyoya and I will be discussing business upstairs."

And with that, the pair walked away.

They made their way up the stairs, although Kyoya had different plans. He took (Y/N)'s smaller, (S/T) hand, and pulled her tot he back garden, and over to the back garden, and the home cemetery.
              "You need to be with the ones you miss, my princess." He whispered, pressing his soft lips to her cheek before ushering her forwards.

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, the breeze blowing the petals off the branches. (YN) tentatively walked forwards to the towering stone, running her fingers across the engraving;

Here lies (F/N) (L/N), a loving father, husband and great leader of a once strong empire.

(Y/N) knelt down and bowed her head, only to feel her beloved's hand on her head and run through her (H/L), (H/C) locks.
             He then knelt beside her, and placed a branch on against the memorial. "All beauty is fleeting, but love lasts a lifetime."

At that moment, (Y/N) hung her arms around his neck and took him to the ground, his long arms cradling her midriff.
             "Thank you..." (Y/N) mumbled, wrapping her arms tighter about him. He chuckled, sitting up with her on his lap, face nuzzled in her neck.

"I will never forget you, I will adore you until the day I die." Kyoya stated simply, trying to avoid the word 'love'.
          The girl simply stared at him, resting her forehead against his. "I'm not sure if it's too soon or not... but I think I may be falling in love with you."

Kyoya let slip a rare grin, and nodded. "I think it may be too soon, but I feel the same way." He uttered, holding the girl in a soft grip.
"Oi! You two! Dinner's ready!" He yelled, slamming the door again. The pair sighed concurrently. (Y/N) moved form Kyoya's lap and they stood up together, walking up the garden.

They entered through the door and sat at the table, surrounded by the staff at the table, and Mamoru at the head of the table.

He stood up, raised a glass and the staff turned their heads. "Oh no..." (Y/N) mumbled, sighing for a second time.
She immediately hated what came next - Mamoru opened his mouth and started to speak.

"I would like to thank our guess, Kyoya Ootori, for attending this meal with us, in light of new events between us in business and his new relationship with my little shitster-- I mean, sister." He winked at her, only to receive a cold glare, and he shivered. "Anyway, drink, eat, and make merry!" He sat down and everyone started to eat.

An awkward silence hung low over the table; Mamoru felt smug, (Y/N) glared at both Hikari and Kauri, as well as Mamoru, and Kyoya was trying to keep the twin maids off of her boyfriend.
They are kept in discomfort and silence until everything was gone, and the twins were ordered to take part in the clean up operation.

(Y/N) got up from the table, slapped her brother round the head, and lead Kyoya to the master bedroom of the house.

Meanwhile, somewhere dark and disgusting in the backstreets of Japan...

"What exactly are you going to do to (Y/N)-chan, (M/N)-sama?" Akihito, a street rat, asked the ageing lady.
The woman gave him a look, and one of the others slapped him round the head. "You dumbfuck, Akihito! You should've listened." Akari, another street rat scolded.

"I'm going to take what means most to her, whether it be that little boyfriend, those pathetic friends or her weakling brother." (M/N) maliciously smirked whilst she spoke.