Chronicles of a Forbidden Love -- Part 4 of 10 Sneak Peeks at my novel

Glad to see you've come back to read my more than slightly confusing story that doesn't give you a complete reading fix! Hope you enjoy the ride :)

Jazz was dead. Even after three months it was still hard for me to believe. My best friend was gone but it didn't feel real to me yet. Laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling I remember all the times her and I had done just that and talked about everything.

Tears started to well up in my eyes as I remembered the first time Jazz had admitted to me in this very room that she was bisexual. It had been hard for her to tell me at first but by the end of our talk we'd become closer friends thanks to it.

Snapping out of my Jazz-irie as I'd begun to call them I look at the clock and realize I needed to get dressed fast or I was going to be late.

Throwing on the outfit I'd picked out earlier and go sit on my porch to wait for Carson. Pulling out a pack of Marbs I pick one and light it up. I'd never been much of a smoker except for at the occasional party before Jazz died but now it seems as if everything about me had changed.

Taking a fat drag, I inhale it slowly enjoying the feeling of the smoke entering my lungs. Blowing it out, I feel my phone vibrate. Checking it I see I had a text from Carson saying that he was running a couple minutes late but he'd be here soon.

I didn't really care. Sure we were dating and he was a great boyfriend but none of life seemed to matter. My best friend was gone and it was partially thanks to him.

Shaking my head, I refused to focus on that fact. It may have been his fault she was gone but it was also his father's fault too. I wish I'd known what I was getting into the day I'd said I'd be his girlfriend though, then maybe Jazz would still be here and I wouldn't feel so dead inside.

Tears welling up in my eyes, I quickly wipe them away and see Carson's car on the corner. I put out the cigarette I'd barely smoked and run up to his door.

Carson gets out and must have been able to tell I had been crying cause without saying a word he wrapped me in his arms and started stroking my hair saying "I'm so sorry Mia. You know if I could change what happened I would but I can't. Please don't cry though, I hate seeing my beautiful Angel with tears in her eyes. I'll make him pay for what he's done to you, I promise."

Wrapping my arms around him I let his presence comfort me. I loved when he called me his angel, especially after revealing to me I was an actual factual Angel. More like half-angel but still.

Here I was, an angel's daughter and I was falling in love with the Devil's son. Talk about your perfect irony. Untangling ourselves, I smile up at him and motion that we get into the car.

Once seated I turned to Carson and asked, "So what's on the magic agenda today? Any new skills your going to teach me today or are we still practicing the hand-to-hand combat you taught me last week?"

Turning to me with his wicked smirk Carson responded, "Oh I think your finally ready to handle some real magic babe. Time to teach you how to cast."