Latula Pyrope ♎

Unlike her Alternian descendant, Latula has a different handicap. In an undisclosed incident, she lost her sense of smell, not sight. This handicap makes her slightly insecure; therefore, she puts up the front that she is the "r4dd3st g4m3 g1rl 3v4" to overcompensate for it. It appears a tad off-putting to Porrim Maryam and she tells Latula to cool it on her act.

In Meenah's quest to recruit minutemen for her militia against Lord English, she stumbles upon a door with The Sufferer's signature symbol that only Karkat can open. The player must be Latula in order to release Karkat from Kankri's overzealous preachings.

Upon entering the door which contains Karkat's locked away memories and dream bubble, a small "scene" (Aranea's Exposition) gives more information about some of the pre-scratch "ancestors":

"The Knight of Mind, to even the most casual observer, is clearly the more "radical" instance of the two Pyropes. Both of course have disabilities which, if discovered, would slate each for culling in their respective cultures. Culling of course means something quite different on Beforus. It means she would have been selected by a member of a higher caste for adoption, and coddled excessively. But for someone with a lifestyle as radical as hers, I'm sure you will agree that would have been a fate worse than death.

"After the tragic accident which left her nasally impaired, her mighty dragon lusus, ancient and wise beyond our comprehension, began to teach her "new ways to smell." To reinvent the sense, using other sense organs such as eyes and ears, awakening completely new experiences in her mind. She was truly an inspiration, and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that any handicap can be overcome, and doesn't have to stop you from being as rad as you can truly be."

"Even though Latula has been dating Mituna steadily for eons, it's hardly a secret to anyone that she and Kankri have had complicated unrequited feelings for even longer. So really, much like their descendants."