Chapter 1

Bryce Owens

By the colorful leaves gathered on top of each other

By the colorful leaves gathered on top of each other. You could tell fall was making itself at home. I stood in my drive way admiring the peaceful neighborhood. I moved to Colorado about 2 years ago. I drew sick of California and its consistent weather. Its nice to have a change of weather and breathe fresh air.

"How's it going Bryce?". A guy from across the street called out, breaking me from my train of thought.

"Everything is going well!". I retorted back. Everyone spoke to each other around here. Its pleasing to know that kind people still exist.

" Still don't have any neighbors? Oh must be nice.".

I chuckled to myself. I always wondered why did they disappeared. The neighborhood is well built and safe?

"Not yet man. I'm not complaining though. Somebody will come around...eventually". My hands gravitated towards my pockets.

After having a short conversation I trailed back into my home. It has plenty of space just for one man. I must admit, it gets lonely but then I realize. Why the hell would I want anybody to live with me?

Glancing at the lime green numbers on my digital clock, it read 3:50pm. I still had the rest of the day to spare.

"What to do? Ha!". I snapped my fingers together.

I fetched for the remote control and pressed the power button. "12 year old Mariah Lamp still missing from her Colorado home. It has been over a month since her disappearance. If you have any information please ca-"

"Mm how sad." Without letting the news man finish his report I changed the station..

🌼
This is just a sample. If you think I should continue. Comment :)