"E.T. Call Home"

Decimation Hacker/ Destiny DaBoid's POV:

The alarm's ringing once more, but I don't want to wake up. If it wasn't for the fact that I was going to meet my friends; Matt, Jackie, and Inez, to prepare for the Graduation ceremony, I wouldn't bother. We're all about to graduate high school and go our separate ways. 

Matt got into the local college on a baseball scholarship. Jackie's going in for Fashion. Inez is taking online courses so that she's near the other two and can create a computer security company here in town. Me? I'm planning on disappearing after graduation, ya know, going off the grid? I really just want to find a way home. I can't though. It's not fair! I just want to check on my brother at the least. If I could just hear him, see that he's fine... I miss him... I don't even know if he's okay! It's been ten years on Earth since I've seen my little brother, or even that jerk of a father, The Hacker. 

See my name is Destiny DaBoid, but originally, my name was Decimation Hacker. I am somewhat average in height, standing at 5 foot 6. I have dark black wavy hair that I usually just let fall behind me. I have black eyes that are sharp. The most disturbing thing about me, and possibly the only trace of my life as a citizen of Cyberspace in the first place, is my left arm is robotic, and the same sickly green that my skin had been in Cyberspace. My left arm has a flap that opens up for me to store batteries, as apparently my synchrometer morphed into a set of batteries. In the flap, above where the synchrometer used to be, is an old family photo, or at least that's what I call it. It has me, my little brother Digital when he was a baby bird, and... and our father... before he became corrupted... oh father... I miss those days. 

I miss waking up, helping him to repair any damaged programs and making sure Motherboard was in operational condition. I miss waking up and helping Digital learn how to use his propeller to fly around, I miss teaching him how to fix things. I miss spending time with Dr. Marbles, learning about the different Cybercites and what they need to keep in order. I miss Cyberspace!

I cry as I get up, silently wiping away the tears as best as I can. I put on my favorite blue jeans, my purple t-shirt, and my favorite black leather jacket. The back of it, which says "I hack for Motherboard" is hidden under a picture of a blue bird, closest thing to Digit I could find in this world. I miss him... so much... I need to control myself. I put on my black boots and grab my cellphone, which I've been trying to fix to allow me to call Motherboard and the others. I just want to go home. I mean, I like Jackie, I like Matt, I like Inez... but... they're the only ones on this planet that I like.

I just want to go home...

I sigh once more as I start out the door. I live alone in a small shack at the edge of town. No one wants to adopt a freak with a green robotic arm who comes with an abuse story and a want to find her little brother. It doesn't matter.

I make my way to the library where I'm supposed to meet the others and get started on designing the stage. It takes a lot of mathematics and design skills to build something stable. Thankfully, it's easy for me. I was originally programmed to help design things and build things. True, my name was Decimation, but that's just cuz father liked the idea that I could decimate and create all at once. I still can too, just... not too often anymore.

As I start up the program, I hear the arguing of Jackie and Matt. Inez is just heading over to me with a device that looks like some sort of phone or walkie-talkie. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a Squack-pad, but that's impossible. I invented those in Cyberspace so that I could talk to Digital if I was on the other side of Cyberspace and he needed me.

Whatever. I shrug and just keep working on my program.

"UGH, why won't this work anymore?" Inez groaned as she tried to get something on the screen to work. I couldn't help but grimace.