one

"Beach house in South Carolina? How'd you score that mom?" I chuckled, taking a seat at the table for dinner.

"Did I finally do something good?" My mother raised her eyebrow as she served a plate of spaghetti.

"Yeah I guess but why do we have to stay with Dad?" I shuttered at the thought of my father. We never had a good relationship but my mother insisted that I'd spend some time with him. He always favored my younger sister Hayley and no matter what she did was great to him.

"Annie it'll be good for the two of you. I know you guys have some differences but he's still your father and I bet he missed you a lot. It's only for a month anyways." My mother went back to the counter to clean it off.

"I bet he missed Hayley a lot." I muttered under my breath but my mom still heard me.

"You know that's not true Annie. I know you're still mad about the divorce but that's between your father and I."

"Whatever I'm done talking about it. Where's Caleb? Is he coming to?" I asked as I picked up my fork to eat.

"He's upstairs and yes he's coming but he's staying with a couple of friends. I talked Brennan's mom into letting him, Katie, and Ryan stay with you." My mom smiled at me, trying to make things a little better.

"Oh that's right, I forgot Caleb was a senior now." I joked, shoving a mouthful of spaghetti into my mouth. "But are you being serious about the Brennan thing?"

"Why would I joke about that?" My Mom looked at me, cocking an eyebrow.

"I don't know. You're not really the coolest mom so you try to be by trying to make a good joke. No offense." I snickered.

"Annie!" My mom got a little mad but she let it slide.

"I'm only kidding Mom, you know that." I laughed and she might've joined me for a few seconds.

"Brennan and his siblings coming along makes it a lot better than it already is. It's summer, I'm staying in a beach house literally on the beach, probably some cute guys too." I added, only kidding about the last part.

My mom opened her mouth to speak but I stopped her before she could. "I'm only kidding Mom, you know I'm not boy obsessed."

My mom rolled her eyes in a joking way. "I know honey. I know."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pack." I got up and put my half eaten plate on the counter.

"Okay but make sure you have everything you need. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." My mom told me before I exited the kitchen.

"Alright Mom. I'll just find a huge suitcase and pack my whole bedroom." I jeered.

"Also Annie, could you tell Hayley to come down for me please?" My mom queried as I walked out of the kitchen. "If she doesn't listen I'll handle it."

"Got it." I walked up the staircase, yelled into my sister's room to tell her to go downstairs.

"Get out of my room Annie." Hayley growled as I took one footstep into her bedroom.

"How about," I pretended to think. "no. Go downstairs you lazy sack, Mom made dinner. Also, you might want to stop daydreaming about your summer plans with your friends because we're taking a little trip to South Carolina."

"Why are you so mean Annie?" Hayley got up from her bed and stomped out of her room.

"Hormonal thirteen year old sisters. Gotta love em'" I chortled, stepping out of her room to get to mine.

I didn't really have many options to pack because really all I wore in the summer was a tee shirt and athletic shorts. I don't really care what people think of me and nobody said anything.

"South Carolina, you better watch out because here comes Annie." I announced sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

A/N
okay there wasn't anyway for me to say the last line so it wasn't so cliché
If you're confused, this is in Annie's point of view.
I'll post the next chapter when this gets 5 votes.
byee