Deceiving Movies

A thought popped into her head, 'Tonights the night.' Walking swiftly to her locker she saw him leaning against her locker. Aiden, her best friend, that she loved. She was going to tell him how she felt tonight, she was sure. 

"Can't wait for movie night, can you?" She smirks at him, quickly hiding the nervous, heart racing she gets everytime she's near him. 

"About that, you see C-" Aiden was cut off by the bell and Shae started walking away.

"Tell me tonight, I can't be late to class again. Mr. Geralds has already threatened to give me more detention." Shae turned back around and hurried off to her class, without letting Aiden tell her that he had asked out Chelsea for tonight. 'What to do?' He thought, 'I know! I'll bring her with me, so I can see if it makes her jealous.' With that he rushed to make it to his science class before the second bell rang. 

Later that day as the last bell rang signaling the end of the school day, Shae raced towards the bus excited and nervous for tonight. Exiting the bus as it pulled up to her stop, she skipped towards her house humming to herself. Unlocking her door, she dropped her backpack on the ground and walked into the kitchen. After grabbing an apple, she walked upstairs to her room to get ready.

Music blasted through the speakers as she pressed play on her stereo, filling the room with All Time Low. Shae headed to her bathroom to turn on the straightener, then making her way back towards her room to put on her fuzzy pajamas. Instead of going for the usual ones that consisted of Aiden's sweats and a t-shirt, Shae decided on a pair of hot pants and a cute pajama shirt she got last year at Christmas, but never wore. Heading to the bathroom after changing, she attempted straightening her wild, wavy, blonde hair.

"Arghh." Giving up trying to make it stay straight, Shae threw it up into a messy bun. After straightening her bangs, she turned of her stereo and headed downstairs. After putting the popcorn into the microwave, Shae walked over to the counter where she found a note from her parents. 

Dear Shae,

We went out for another date tonight, since it's movie night. We'll be out late. See you tomorrow morning, I'll be making my special pancakes for you and Aiden. 

Love you hunny,

Mom

'I love my mom, she trusts us. As long as Aiden sleeps on the ground that is.' Shae thought as the microwave dinged. After pouring it into a bowl, she grabbed the soda and headed down to the basement. It was designed almost like a movie theater complete with a large screen hanging on the wall and more junk food in the back. In between that, there was a giant, fluffy, tan couch. The shape was like that letter U, and in front of it, four beanbag chairs were lined up. Flopping down on one of the beanbags, she let her feet tangle into the shaggy, red carpet. Closing her eyes, she drifted off.

Shae woke up to the sound of the doorbell. 'That's weird, usually Aiden walks right in. Maybe I locked the door, oops.' She giggled and then hurried up the steps as the doorbell rang again.

"Hey Aid-" Shae stopped as she saw Chelsea with him, the girl that's been trying to get Aiden just like her. 

"What's Chelsea doing here?" She hated the girl with a passion. When Chelsea found out Shae liked Aiden, she's been trying to get her to himself. 

"That's what I was trying to tell you, Chelsea asked me out and this was the only night she could hang out. So here we are." Aiden replied, shrugging.

"Oh, okay." Shae turned and started walking trying not to cry, "Follow me, and lock the door behind you." Still turned around, she started walking towards the stair trying to maintain calm. 'It's not like he knew.' She thought. 

When Aiden saw Shae, it looked like she wanted to cry. 'I wonder why. I hope she's okay.' He grabbed Chelsea's hand and dragged her towards the basement. He sat down on the couch and Chelsea sat next to him. Seeing Shae sit down on one of the beanbags he patted the couch.

"Come sit next to me," he smiled. 

"I'm good right where I am." She replied not facing him. Aiden shrugged it off, he'd aske and relaxed into the couch as the movie began. 

About half way through the movie Shae excused herself to go to the bathroom. 'She sounded like she was crying.' Aiden pushed himself off the couch and told Chelsea he'd also be right back. 

Walking up to her bedroom, Aiden saw Shae on the bed with tears in her eyes and streaming down her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He said pulling her onto his lap. 

"Why'd you bring her?" She said wiping her tears and stading up.

"This was the only night that she was free." He said as he stood and made her face him. 'She looks angry.' He thought. 'What did I do wrong?' He asked himself, annoyed. 

"Bullshit. She's just trying to ruin our time together, ever since she found out about-" Shae cut off, she almost told him she loved him. 

"About what Shae?" Aiden asked softly gripping her chin, bringing them about an inch apart. 

"That I love you!" She blurted out right before Aiden smashed his lips against hers. Aiden slowly pulled away from a blushing Shae keeping their foreheads pressed together. 

"I love you too Shae."