Movie.

I made popcorn and we watched movies on the couch. We watches movies for hours. Before I realized it, I had fallen asleep on Austin's shoulder while watching the fourth movie. When I wake up, Austin's head was laying next to mine. I thought he had fallen asleep too but he was awake and I don't think he realized I had woken up. I shut my eyes right when he moved his head down to look at me. I thought I felt him smile. I pretended like I just woke up a few minutes after so it wasn't obvious I saw him.

   "Hey you missed most of the movie," he complained, finishing the popcorn.

"Sorry I fell asleep on you, I was tired."

"You're always tired," he said looking into my eyes."It's okay it was kind of cute," he said with a shy smile. I coudnt help but smile with him.

"Cute?" I asked him without thinking. I felt bad for asking because his face flushed with red.

"Yeah," he smiled. " Arianna, I've been wanting to tell you this but -"

Before he could finish his sentence the front door blasted open.

We stood up immediatly to see who it was. It was my dad. He was drunk. Crap.

"Hey Ari," he said almost shouting. I hate seeing him drunk. He's been coming home drunk for the last two weeks. I hadn't seen him like this since I was little, when they would argue.

"Dad.." I said wanting to  tell him to go upstairs or leave.

"Who are you? What are you doing here," now he was yelling.

"He's my-"

  "I asked him not you." He's not the same when he's drunk. Austin had never seen him this way.

  "I'm Austin, Arianna's friend," he explained nervously.

"Well Austin,there's the door. Get the fuck out of my house," he yelled.

"Dad don't talk to him like that! Why don't you just leave and come back when you're sober!" He was already pissed off. Before he said anything I took Austin by the arm and walked out the house.

"I'm so sorry Austin, I didn't know he was coming home. I'm really sorry." Tears filled my eyes but I tried really hard to keep them from falling.

"Its okay Ari. Are you going to be okay?" he asked pulling me in for a hug.

"I'll be fine," I said. I hope I would be.

"Okay. Please call me later okay? "

"Okay,"I said walking back into the house.

  "Why was he here," asked Dad.

"We were watching movies," I explained."Why did he have to come? "He asks too many questions when he's drunk.

"Because he wanted to Dad! Nobody is ever here anyways!I'm alone like most of the time here! " I couldn't help yelling. I'm just so tired of him like this already.

"Stop yelling at me little girl! Go to your room!" This is how we were now. Yelling at each other.  I run to my room and shut the door behind me,tears streaming down my face. I hate it when he gets drunk.It reminds me of how he was when I was little. They never knew I heard them constantly arguing and screaming at each other when Dad came home. I was too little to understand what was going on, but I'm not anymore. They've been arguing for a while now. I'm not sure why. I don't stay up listening to them anymore. It hurts to. I just listen to music and try to fall asleep.Sometimes cry myself to sleep. I pull out phone from my pocket, I had forgotten to tell Mom. I could'nt talk, so instead I texted her. I told her Dad was home and drunk.

For the rest of the night I just stayed laying on my bed.Wishing I could escape for a while with my head hurting with thoughts and memories.A door had opened so I looked at the time and it was 11:30 P.M. Mom was home.Great.

11:34 P.M. and glass shattered down stairs. I couldn't hear them clearly but I didn't want to now. To get my mind off things, well try to, I call Austin.

It didn't take him long time pick up the phone. "Hey," was all I could manage to say.

"Hey, you okay? "I could tell Austin really did care about me.

"They're doing it again."I couldn't help but let the tears in my eyes go. "I'm so tired of them doing this."

"I know Ari. Just please try to get some sleep.If you keep listening to them right now you're not going to sleep." He was right. We stopped talking and for a while there was just silence.

"Hey um what time are we going to the bowling alley tomorrow," it was a random thing to bring up but I had to think of something else. I heard him let out a small and relieving laugh.

"Don't worry about it. I'll just pick you up in the morning alright?" I couldn't see him but I knew he was smiling. I told him I'd be okay and that I was going to try to go to sleep; then the phone call was over. I was soon about to fall asleep when I heard a door slam. After that it was slient except for the rain that had began to fall outside. I fell asleep to the raindrops dropping on the roof and window and dreamed of a better place.