“It doesn’t matter if in the end it would be useless, at least I’ve tried,” Kaoru starting to breath normally.

“Can I too be repaired?” asked her slowly. Riki stared at her.

“You aren’t a thing,” Riki took away the tool from Kaoru. The girl was just stood still. Suddenly they heard a gentle sound from the piano. Kaoru’s face that was looking sad earlier, quickly changed into a smile. With light steps Kaoru runs from the room, as if she doesn’t have any weight. Her sense inside the room was also gone, as if she was never there from the first place. Riki slightly smile looking at the tool on his hand.

Slowly Kaoru push the door into the music room. She peeped inside. At the center of the room, Abe was playing the piano. His fingers gently played the piano, resulting beautiful tones. Without making a sound, Kaoru slides in and sit at the red sofa just behind Abe. Kaoru sat there with keeping her manner, staring at Abe’s back that to her was looking warm and shining. Abe’s beautiful tones resonated deeply into Kaoru’s heart and made her slowly falling asleep.

“Dinner is ready,” said Riki to Abe who was playing the piano.

“Okay,” answered Abe shortly. Riki looked at the red sofa. Suddenly Abe stood and walked to the door.

“She won’t be coming anymore,” mumble Abe walking out from the music room. Riki stood still, giving sad look at the red sofa.

The sky was looking dark; the rain would come down at any time. Abe slowly walked by in front of a hospital. He saw a girl with white dress until her knees was squatting. Abe just stood still looking at her. The girl was also looking at him without even blink.

“Can I come with you?” asked the girl.

“Do as you please,” said Abe walking away. The girl followed him in silence.

. . .

The bell resounded many times. It can be heard from many places. An old man put off his hat and bends his head deeply. He was mourning. That day, one soul has disappeared from earth.

Hirokazu was blankly looking at the pan in front of him. He doesn’t have the feel to cook. Suddenly he saw a white dress passing by.

“I really like Hirokazu-san’s cooking! It’s all delicious!” said Kaoru.

Kimi was sleeping while hugging tightly a book. He was still wearing his big headphones. He heard a cheerful voice.

“Is this a good book? Can I read it?” asked Kaoru.

Tohru hugged his knees, bending his head deep. He could hear a cheerful laughter.

“One more time! This time I will surely beat you!” said Kaoru.

Riki was looking at the wooden clock in front of him. He succeeds repairing it.

“It can really be repaired?” asked Kaoru. Riki laughed.

“I’ve told you, you won’t know until you try,”

“I already know it,” Riki sniffed.

“Thank you, nii-san” said Kaoru cheerfully. There’s a sound of a piano, along with the sound from the church bell. Abe was playing a song.

窓を開ければいつもと同じ時間で止まっている 

灰色の空枯れ木とあなた 

まだ降り続く雨の中… 

Mado wo akereba itsumo to onaji Jikan de tomatteiru 

Haiiro no sora Karegi to anata