Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Justin's POV:

Ding Dong!

The sound echoed through my empty apartment and into my waiting ears. I bounded to my feet, realizing Francine was here. Nervously I adjusted my tie and decided on taking it off. I popped open my collar, exposing a little of my bare chest.

Ding Dong!

"Um...coming!" I said, but it came out more of a croak.

I jogged over, tripped on a pair of shoes in the process, and threw open the door.

A woman that was definitely not Francine was waiting outside the door.

"Oh my," she whispered.

"May I help you?" I asked. She snapped out of her trance.

"Oh-uh I think...um....I got the wrong door..."

"Oookay. Good day." I started to shut the door, but a foot blocked the door.

"What?" I snapped, rather than asking politely.

"You can call me Gerry," she said, smiling like an idiot and with a weird light dancing in her eyes.

I resisted the urge to wrinkle my nose. It was then I noticed the red tinge to her cheeks and how messy her hair and clothes were. It dawned on me: the woman was drunk.

"Goodbye," I said seriously but couldn't shut the door again, because the woman- or rather Gerry- had lunged at me. I saw the lust in her eyes and backed away fearfully.

"Excuse me madam-"

"You can call me Gerry," she growled.

I bit my lip to keep some choice words to be thrown in her face. This woman was intoxicated, and didn't know what she was doing. I had to be gentle with her.

"Stay away."

She crept forward like a predator stalking a prey.

And I was the prey.

I backed up until I was touching the back of my bed. Then I scrambled on.

Bad mistake. And a very stupid one.

The woman crawled on the bed quickly. I saw her hand reaching for my jeans.

"No....no..." I said frantically.

She smiled.

I held up my hands to hold her off when suddenly she slipped on my silk bedding. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to think. She landed hard on me , pinning her body on mine when a figure appeared in the doorway. I had forgot to close the door. It was Francine. And she looked like she was about to burst into tears. Then she shot me a glare before running away.

"Fr-Francine!" I shouted desperately.

"Oh. Was that your girlfriend?" The woman asked sluggishly.

I gritted my teeth and ran after Francine.

* * * * *

"I don't want to talk to you." Francine sniffed and wiped her bleary eyes with a slim hand.

"But I do. And you have the right to know what really happened. Francine." When I said her name, she lifted her head and looked at me with those breathtakingly blue eyes.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," I choked out, feeling tears of my own ready to escape. "I love you."

For a second there, I caught a glimpse of her giving in-then it was replaced by one of determination. "I don't."

The tears welled in my eyes and spilled out. She looked surprised. I don't usually cry.

"Please." It sounded more like a beg.

Francine stopped crying and straightened her shoulders. "I don't know. I don't know anything anymore, do you get it?" She was starting to scream now. "My world is falling apart and not just because of you! I-"

I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her passionately. Our lips moved in sync like it was automatic; we had done this so many times it just feels so right and familiar.

Her plump wet lips moved down towards my neck and then to the opening of my shirt. I stared at her. Her eyes were closed, tears streaming down her delicate face. I held back sobs and pulled her closer. Together, we stood there, hugging, and crying silently.