Chapter One

Songs for this chapter:

She is Love- Parachute

Radio- Hot Chelle Rae (feat. Bei Maejor)

I smiled as I heard the Monica's telltale ringtone: She is Love. I let it play for a few seconds thinking of how perfectly this song described her, and us. Just as the chorus was ending, I pressed the accept button and put the phone to my ear. "Hey, beautiful." I greeted her.

"Hey hun, what took so long?" she asked in a slightly teasing tone.

"Just listening to our song." I told her, my smile growing. Monica had that effect on me. We had been dating for about a year now, and our relationship was the definition of perfect. I may be speaking to soon, but I could clearly see a future with this girl. It was becoming apparent that this may be the girl for me, for life.

Monica's giggle rang through the speaker. "Sometimes you're so cheesy, and I absolutely love it."

"I know you do. What's up?"

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be in Milan for another couple days. There was an issue with the location, so the photo shoot had to be rescheduled." She sounded stressed, when she told me the news. I knew this photo shoot was important to her and I'm sure she was anxious to get to it.

"Oh, well I'm sure it will turn out amazing nevertheless." I told her reassuringly.

"I know. The photographer is amazing, I'm just kind of anxious is all."

"Don't worry, babe. You'll look flawless as always. Have fun in Milan."

"Of course! It's beautiful here. I have to go though, I have a conference call in a few minutes. Love you, Niall."

"Alright babe, love you too." I replied, hanging up. A lot of people ask me how Monica and I deal with the distance, with both of us traveling so much, but it's not really hard for us. I mean, sure I miss having her here, but we're both independent people who have careers that we really love. It isn't like I need to be with her 24/7.

I push back the covers and walk into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. It's about noon, so it's more like lunch time. I pour a glass of orange juice as I wait for my toast to pop up. It was Saturday, and since Monica wouldn't be back this evening like originally planned, I might as well make the best of the weekend with my mates.

I dial Louis' number and wait a few rings for him to answer in a chipper voice. "Nialler! What's up?"

"Hey Lou, Monica's photo shoot got rescheduled and she won't be back tonight. Want to get the lads together and go out?"

"Yes!" Louis yelled through the phone, making me cringe, but chuckle at the same time.

"Alright, I'll call Liam and Zayn. You call Harry."

"Sure mate. How about we meet at my flat at seven and then figure it out from there?"

"Sounds good! See you later!"

"Later, Nialler."

I hung up smiling, lately we haven't all gotten the chance to go out, just the five of us. With work schedules and girlfriends and everything else, it was hard coordinate a night when we all were free. I call up Zayn and Liam, telling them the game plan. They quickly agreed and seemed to share my excitement about our lad's night out. This was going to be a great night.