Chapter 10 - yay for the Abakus

Start from the beginning

The rogues suddenly went for the attack, but the pack stood their ground. Soon everybody was fighting, claws and teeth in the clear attempt to kill. "The path should be free soon, Luna" Alpha said. "We'll see" came the strange reply. He didn't think of it, seeing that Nathan attacked with renewed power.

But he misjudged his attack and Alpha got the chance to counter attack. He crashed into the shoulder of the black wolf and Nathan stumbled, lying on the floor, howling loudly when his front paw broke. Alpha didn't miss a beat and went for the fatal blow, the little sun wolf howling in identical agony.

Alpha was snickering. This would be awesome.

But then... a breeze whispering, a cloak fluttering... and between Alpha and his prey a figure appeared like coming out of nowhere.

That man swung his cloak around his shoulders in a great pose and claimed:

"I am 'Arrald Portier. I am the terror that faps the night."

The whole battlefield went dead silent. And a quiet female voice said in deep horror: "Oh please, don't."

The strange man looked around, cocking his eyebrow. Literally each wolf in the outer circle and all rogues were bleeding from several wounds, but staring at the newcomer completely flabbergasted. The strange man looked at Alpha. "Did I miss something?" he asked, looking completely lost.

Timmy changed into his human form, completely naked. "Please help. They are killing us." Mr.  Portier looked at Timmy in horror. "Do you not have clothes? Please? Don't like sausages." it was obvious that his english wasn't the best. Timmy tried again: "Please help" he pleaded, before he tore free from the protective circle surrounding him and running for Nathan. His mate tried to get back on his paws, but it was clear that he was for no use in a fight anymore. His left front paw was clearly broken.

Alpha tried to dodge the bewildered newcomer, but he didn't let him. "I was told that a hero was needed here. Do you need a hero?" he asked politely. Alpha looked at him in disgust and changed to his human form, also stark naked. Mr. Portiers eyes went huge. "Good god don't you have any clothes? This is objectionable." he said in his strange accent. Timmy, who tried to comfort his injured mate looked at him. "Yes, please. We need a hero. This man betrayed us all and plans to kill us. And we need help. Please."

The eyes of Mr. Portier lit up. "I can be a hero. Like Edward." With that two sparkling fangs popped out of his jaw. Alpha groand. A nutcase of a vampire. That was the last straw. Alpha snapped, changed into his wolf form and tried to attack Nathan and his mate. But Mr. Portier wasn't having any of it.

"Oh non non non non non Monsieur Lupine." With that he grabbed Alpha in the scruff of his neck and threw him into the next tree. With a loud and ugly cracking noise he slid down the bark. When he reached the ground he didn't move, knocked out completely. The rogues finally shook themselves out of their stupor and attacked again, so nobody looked at Luna who was slowly approaching Timmy, completely concentrated at her task at hand. Timmy was oblivious to the incoming danger, he tended desperately to Nathans broken limb, checking him frantically for further injuries.

It was Nina who saw Luna creeping up to the precious sun wolf and gathering all her strength, she jumped over a fighting pair of wolves and bumped full force head first into Luna. The two small wolves stumbled over each other, but only one wolf stood up again, the enraged Luna. Nina laid on the floor, unconscious. "Nina, noooooooooooooooo..." the desperate wail of Nathans father ran over the battlefield, but he was far to far away to save his helpless mate.

Luna snarled at her viciously and opened her fangs to rip out the throat of the feisty woman who dared to protect her prey, when a sudden pain shot through her tail. She howled in pain and turned around, just to see Timmy, her bloody tail in his fangs and the tail no longer connected with her body. The pain was almost unbearable. Timmy spat the nasty tail on the floor, snarling at her viciously.

Luna was desperate. She never faced resistance like that. She was thinking quickly, weighing her options, clouded by the pain of her missing tail. Finally she decided that the best thing was still killing the little sun wolf. She approached him, snarling at him in anger. But she took too long. Nathans father, Jonah, thirsty for revenge for his mate, finally found his way to her and ripped her throat off without thinking twice. In his anger and pain he shredded the corpse of Luna completely before he walked hesitantly and slowly to his wife, who laid on the floor unmoving. He nudged her, whining sadly.

Meanwhile Mr. Portier, the vampire with the glittering teeth, was obviously having a blast. He was jumping through the battlefield, singing happily "Frère Jacques" with full lungs and horrible off key and slaughtered all rogues he could get a hold of. The last of the rogues finally turned around and fled to save their lifes.

The battlefield was covered in blood and not all was coming from the rogues. Germaine laid in a pool of blood, his desperate mate holding his hand and crying for help. Nathan eventually changed into his human form and ordered all wolves to change back, holding his broken arm firmly.

Mr. Portier looked around, his eyes getting huge when he saw all the naked wolves. "Oh non non non ce n'est pas fait pour mes innocents yeux." (That's nothing for my virgin eyes) he murmured and covered his head with his old fashioned mantle.

The pack doctor and a nurse ran around, trying to figure which needs his help most, mates tried to get to the doctor first, to help their mates. The Chaos rised up by the minute, but finally Nathan roared: "STOP!"

Everybody froze on the spot. Nathan, satisfied that anybody was now silent, figured that moment that he has no clue what to do. He looked around, seeing all the expectant eyes on him and felt uncomfortable. A slight cough coming from his feet where Germaine laid, still bleeding on several wounds. "You don't have to know what to do. Just go with the flow and pretend you know what to do. That's enough. They are not stupid, you know. They are just wolves who need a leader." he told him through their special link. Nathan waved to the doctor.

"What do you need?" he asked him. The doctor scratched his head. "Helpers. We need to gather the injured first. And I need space to work. I can't cater to everybodys need, I have to decide who gets help first."  Nathan nodded. "First priority. Nobody shall deny you a request." The doctor looked relieved. He turned around and went back to work, Germaine clearly his first patient.

Nathan waved to some of the men who sat on the floor patiently. They jumped up and hurried to follow him. "Take that piece of shit and look if he is alive. If he is, put him somewhere safe. The doctor can look for his injuries later." They nodded and shot off to follow his orders.

Timmy looked at him sternly. "You need medical help also." Nathan smiled at him, taking the hand of his mate in his. "Later, love. First of all we need to figure out where our hero came from." Timmys eyes lit up. "Oh, I like him. He is funny."

Nathan couldn't help his mixed feelings when he saw the shaking bundle of cloths sitting right in the middle of the biggest mess, covering the shaking vampire.

Seriously? A vampire afraid of naked wolves?

______________________

Okay, I admit: I suck in fighting scenes... :)