Chapter 7

The feeling of wearing her favorite red dress, was utterly refreshing to Blair. As was sitting on her bed and stuffing chocolate brownies in her mouth.

"Are you sure it dosn't hurt?" Pixie asked for the 40th time as she looked at Blair's bandaged shoulder.

"I'm fine Pix, stop worrying."

"I'm not going to stop worrying you-" Pixie's worry was interrupted by a knock on the front door.

Blair ran down the steps and opened the door.

"Is this the residence of Blake Blair?" The man at the door asked.

"May I ask why?"

"I have an urgent message from the castle of his royal highness King Bruce." The messenger handed Blair a letter.

"Thank you." Blair shut the door and ripped open the letter.

Dear Blake,
Because of your bravery at the battle of Arkham Hill you are going to be awarded a metal of bravery. A ball in honor of the Gotham army winning the battle will be held one week from today on the first of November. You are allowed to bring one guest with you. I eagerly await to see you. My brothers do as well, they will just never admit it.

Prince Richard

Blair read and then reread the letter.

"Is everything okay, Blair?"

"Pixie, get your fanciest dress we're going to the castle!"
♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤
Blake and Pixie walked into the castle. Pixie was wearing a simple light blue dress and Blake was wearing a suit 'borrowed' from Pixie's father.

"Ah, Blake. There you are! I was wondering if you were going to show up." Prince Richard said. "And my I introduce you to my beatiful fiance, Barbata Gordon."

"So you're the famous Blake Blair."

"Famous may be a bit too much, but yes." Blake said.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Richard and Barbara linked arms and continued to walk through the ballroom.

Blake started to walk in the direction of the bar so Pixie pulled back his arm.

"Wait. What am I supposed to do now?" Pixie asked.

Blake shrugged. "I don't know, this place is filled with Nobels. I bet there is at least one person worth talking to."

Pixie walked around the ballroom, examining the room more than the people who occupied it. A boy who seemed only slightly older than her sat at a table drawing. She wondered how he got stuck at suck a boring event.

"Hello."

The boy looked up from his drawing.

"Hello."

"What are you drawing?" He turned his sketchbook which displayed a hyper realistic crown.

"Wow. Are you doing that from memory?"

"No." He pointed to a crown sitting on the table.

"That looks like a Prince's crown."

"It is."

"Are you allowed to draw it?"

"Yes."

"Which Prince does it belong to?"

"Me."

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry; I didn't recognize you. You must be Prince Damian."

"Yes I am. Who are you?"

"Oh. My name is Pixie, I'm a friend of Blake."

"Why didn't he bring his sister with him?"

"I don't know, ask him."

Damian continued his drawing and Pixie sat down next to him.

"Do you have to go to events like this a lot?"

"Yes."

"Are they always this boring?"

"No."

"What do you mean?"

"Today's party is very interesting compared to others."

"And why is that?"

"Because I have someone to talk to."
♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤●♤
Blake was at the bar, having a drink his favorite voice in the world rang through his ears.

"So you did show up." Jason said from behind Blake.

"Yes, I did. I got a medal of bravery, just like you."

"Well I'm the one who killed him."

Blair was about to loose all composure she had and throttle the Prince but the second Prince caught her eye first. He was about the same height and build as Jason with red orange hair.

Oh dear God, Blair thought, Prince Bastard is multiplying.

Jason saw the look of pure terror directed toward his frined.

"This is Roy Harper, Prince of Star City."

Roy said nothing and continued to take shots.

"I'm Blake-"

Screams echoed through the great Hall as the lights in the chandelier went out. As they went back in a cackle filled the room.

King Joker smiled down at everyone while holding Prince Jason's neck.

"I feel hurt, I wasn't invited to the party."

"Put him down Joker!" King Bruce yelled from arcross the ballroom.

"Oh," Joker put the blade of his sword next to Jason's neck, "your darling son gave me the biggest boo-boo at the battle of Arkham Hill. I think I should give him a boo-boo back."

Blair didn't think.

She knew it was stupid.

She didn't care.

Blair grabbed the sword from the suit of armor.

She stabbed the Joker between the eyes.

But he got her under the rib cage before he fell.

The world was spinning.

She saw Jason.

She saw Pixie.

Then, all she saw was black.

Author's Note
I'm sorry for ending this chapter in such a cliché way but it's kind of a necessary for the plot.