Chapter 11.5 (Ryan's POV)

I couldn't sleep after seeing her all beat up like that. But she was a fairie, which meant that she healed quicker than most humans, right? I groaned as I pulled myself from the couch to the kitchen, where I tore open another blood bag. There were five left in the fried, so I made a mental note to hunt tomorrow after school. There was a sharp knock on my front door and I stared at it with suspicion for a moment before answering.

"Hello dear, I heard about Sarah."

I opened my door a bit wider to let Edith in, "Can I ask you how or is that another witch secret?"

She smiled at me as she unraveled her scarf from around her neck and placed it on the kitchen counter, "Lets just say that the spirits told me."

I nodded my head, "I thought as much."

She opened my fridge and peered into it for a few seconds, "I don't know what I was expecting, you're a vampire, of course you keep nothing but blood bags here. You're looking a little low on your supply."

"Yeah, I have to hunt tomorrow. What's this visit about Edith?"

She shut my fridge and turned to face me with a frown, "I cant just come to see a friend?" I gave her a look that told her I knew better and she smiled, "Well, in any case, you don't have to worry about Sarah, she does heal quickly."

"How did you...never mind, i'm not even going to ask."

"With everything that's happened since the last time we spoke, I thought it was time to have another chat." She jumped up on the kitchen counter and began swinging her feet like a little child would do, "Sarah is in a very delicate state right now and I imagine that she will be for a while. It's important that you keep your distance and I cant stress it enough, Ryan. Pulling Sarah from her car was a dumb move."

"What? So you're saying I should've just left her there to die?! or to have whoever it was that hit her, come back and finish her off?!"

"No, what i'm saying is that you severely underestimate her. She didn't need to be saved. And when I instructed you to keep your distance, I didn't mean pull her from the wreckage of her car." Her voice was calm and motherly, which only made me more angry.

"I don't know what you expect me to do, Edith! She is my mate! You said so yourself. I cannot and I will not just stand by and watch while she gets hurt!"

"You wouldn't have known she was your mate if I never told you. You said that you never felt the mate pull. The only reason you're acting differently towards her now is because you feel obligated to because you know that she's your mate. But if I never would've told you, your feelings towards her would be the same."

I threw my hands up in the air and took a few steps away from her, "Then why tell me now? If you didn't want me to get involved, if you wanted me to stay away, why even tell me that she's my blessed mate?"

"Knowing that she is your mate and not being able to be close to her, will only make your need to be with her and protect her more overwhelming. And though now is not the right time to make your claim, it will come soon. And Sarah will need someone who is there for her and understands what her best interest is. But she also needs to learn some things on her own before you two can finally be together."

"And how long is that going to take?"

"It all depends on her, Ryan. The first step has already been taken, the truth is out now. But she needs to discover who is she, who she really is, by herself. That journey she will have to make alone. The second the time is right to step in, I will let you know."

I leaned against the kitchen counter across from her and crossed my arms over my chest, "I don't understand you at all."

She hopped down from the counter and caressed my cheek, "I know dear, but you have to trust me on this."

Teaching Mr. RoodeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara