Morning

When Daichi woke up, he could immediately tell he had been sleeping for a while. He looked at his wrist watch and saw that there was only two hours left of the flight. Daichi looked over to Kuroo, who seemed to be humming to music from his phone. 

Kuroo seemed to sense his gaze and took out an earplug. "Morning."

"Morning?" Daichi looked confused and looked back at his wrist. His watch said 9:00...

"Might want to change your watch, different time zones remember. It's officially 4:00 am in California."   Oh, right that was a thing.

"So we're in California?"

"Yup just 1 hour left to go." Kuroo looked back at his phone, scrolling with his thumb. Daichi saw his other hand grasping the armrest tightly, his knuckles turning white. Daichi hesitated before reaching his hand over and laying his palm on top of his hand.

"Relax." He whispered softly. He brought his hand back once he felt Kuroo's own unclench.

Kuroo's hands were really warm.

Daichi brought both hands to sit in his lap.

"Coffee?" The flight attendant was back and she held out a cup of black coffee.

Daichi nodded.

"Sugar or cream?" Daichi shook his head no. He knew better than to use cream from an airplane. Plus, he preferred his coffee black anyway. He grabbed the cup thankfully.

"And you?" The short haired blond looked towards Kuroo. He shook his head. "No thanks. Not a coffee drinker, but do you serve hot tea?"

The girl nodded. "Any preferences?''

"Anything with citrus thank you." Kuroo smiled sweetly at the girl and she blushed, nodded, and walked away.

Daichi probably would have done the same. He would be lying if he said Kuroo wasn't attractive. He couldn't help feeling a bit envious that the girl had received that smile. 

Daichi's mind went a little blank. Shut up, I barely know him, I don't think I even have the right to feel envious. For all I know he could have a girl back home, or even a man.

He took a sip of his coffee. Though weak, it was good and he was thankful for the warmth in the highly air conditioned plane. I mean honestly I understand its the summer but do they need to give us hypothermia because of it. 

When the girl came back she placed the cup of tea, cream cups, and a couple sugar packets in front of Kuroo, bowed and left.

"Don't use the creamer."

He looked at Daichi in utmost confusion. Daichi let out a laugh.

"If there's one thing I've learned about airplanes, it's to only trust certain things. Dairy isn't part of that trust." Daichi shivered. "You don't want to experience the aftermath."

Kuroo laughed. "Must of been one hell of an experience."

Daichi groaned. Yes, hell is a great word to describe it.

They were both brought a meal of sushi and they ate quickly.

They both were listening to their separate music when Daichi looked at the time. Just an hour to go. And as much as he was gonna be happy about leaving the cramped plane, he was a little disappointed. The reason for that was sitting next to him.

Fuck.