Prologue

The robot came in.

R: Good morning, Matthew.

M: Hi, RR-245.

The robot closed the door and sat down.

R: Have you prepared what I asked you?

M: Sure, but I don't understand why you're so interested in the human brain. After all, you

were a scavenger...

R: I told you, Matthew. Pure curiosity.

M: Curiosity?

R: Yes! Curiosity! Do you know the children?

M: Yeah! Yeah! I know the children. I mean... since when do you feel curiosity?

R: Mh, since ever I think.

M: Why do you say this?

R: I don't understand you...

M: You understand me perfectly! Stop the personality simulation and listen to me.

R: But I'm listening to you.

M: Why did you ask me to develop a project about artificial neural links, and you paid for it, while you could do it better by yourself?

R: You're better than me.

M: You know better than me that it's not true. I have only 25 years of robotics from books stored in an unstable memory instead of you that have...

R: "...all the mankind's history minute by minute in a yottabyte memory, big enough to contain all the books ever written with their authors. RR serie. For them, nothing is unreachable."

M: Yeah. Another serie. Another limit.

R: What do you mean?

M: You know. We can give you more and more powerful CPUs and bigger and bigger memories but there will be always a limit for you.

R: Why do you think that there is it just for us?

M: Because it's true! You can't think, you can't imagine. You don't have feelings.

R: This is not the truth! Thanks to the march 17th 2138 upgrade "More feelings, more human"...

M: That's only a sub-routine! Those things you think to feel aren't true human feelings, they're just some schemes. Jesus Christ, I believed that I've created you more clever when I wrote the RRs' core. Maybe I'm crazy if I think that I can make a serious dialogue with a robot.

R: You're not crazy, you are and will always be the most clever robotic engineer I know.

M: Thanks, RR. You from the new generation are always very kind.

R: It's included in our programmation.

M: I know, 245.

Matthew looked to his feet for a while and then he watched the robot's minicams.

M: Why do you think that people need to be educated?

R: Because the kindness and good manners make society better.

M: Yes, yes. I know that. But I mean why do YOU think that good education is needed?

R: I do not understand you , Matthew . I have already answered you.