“She won’t be alone” Alpha Miller explain “Sam is still here, he will go with her.”

“Of course she won’t be alone, because if she is leaving then so am I”

“No” He said shaking his head “You can’t go, the pack needs you right now. They are scared and panicked. I need your help to keep everyone calmed”

“Why should I care about this pack if they are making my mate leave!”

“Look they don’t understand, ok. They don’t know Lexi like we do. She has kept her self apart from the pack since she has gotten here and hasn’t allowed any of the members to get close to her. So they think she is just a spy for the other Custodians feeding information about our pack to them.”

“That’s bullshit and you know it”

“It’s not like I didn’t try and speak with pack members” Lexi said speaking up for the first time since Alpha Miller had walked into the room. “They didn’t want to get to know, they didn’t see me as being good enough to be their future Luna. So they didn’t give me the time of day.”

“Listen Ryan if you really care for her, you will let her leave. I can’t promise you that I can keep all the pack members from attacking her. She could get hurt or worse killed.”

Ryan let out a loud growl “No one will touch her”

“How can you be sure of that? You won’t be around to help her, you have a responsibility to your pack, you haven’t finished your Alpha training and now you will be even busier helping me calm the pack down on top of your training. The only Custodian left here is Sam and even he won’t be enough.”

“Then I won’t do any more training until everything is sorted out” He said crossing his arms over his chest. Lexi is more important to me then the pack. Especially since they are acting like idiots.”

“They’re scared Ryan” Lexi said softly. “People act irrationally when they are scare”

“I don’t care! That’s no excuse for threating you.”

Alpha Miller let out a loud sigh “I know this isn’t right Ryan, and I’m sorry that I am asking you to do this. But I can’t do this alone. I need your help. I have Sam outside waiting in a car to take Lexi away. Who knows this could all be resolved in a couple of days and she can come back.”

“Yeah, what happens if it isn’t? What happens if it takes months to sort it out?”

“I don’t know, all I know is that she is in danger here. Are you really willing to risk her life by making her stay? How would you live with yourself if she does stay and she is seriously injured or worse killed?”

Ryan looked down at Lexi who was still sitting on her bed “I don’t want you to go, I don’t want to be separated from you.”

She gave him a small sad smile “You have to Ryan. It’s the only way. You dad needs you. Your pack needs you. Don’t worry about me. I will have Sam with me, and I can take care of myself. We will be fine.”

He sat down on the bed, grabbing her he pulled her into his arms. Burying his face in her neck, he took in a deep breath and savored her scent, “Promise me you will come back to me. Promise me that this will change nothing between us?”

“I promise.” She said softly.

He pulled back from her neck and smashed his lips to hers she wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tightly savoring what could possibly be their last kiss ever.

Alpha Miller cleared his throat “I know this isn’t easy for the both of you, but Lexi you really need to be leaving now. As soon as the pack realize what is going on they are going to come straight here looking for you. Hopefully by then you will be long gone”

Lexi pulled away from Ryan, she stared into his eyes for a moment, before taking a step back from him “I should pack”

He nodded his head at her. She could see tears were starting to form in his eyes. She turned away from him not wanting to see them fall. Grabbing her duffel bag from under her bed, she rushed over to her draws and started throwing her clothes into it. She didn’t have all that much to pack. So It didn’t take her long. Fitting the last of her stuff into her back, she zipped it up before looking up at Ryan.

“All done” She said.

“Ok” He said nodding “I will walk you out to the car.”

They walked out of her room and made their way down stairs without saying a word. Both of them trying to wrap their minds around what was happening, not long ago they were making out on her bed, he was about to give into temptation and mark her. Now she was walking towards the front door of the pack house, carrying what little she owned preparing herself to leave not only her new pack, but also her future mate.

“Wait” Ryan, said grabbing her hands and stopping her in her tracks “I can’t let you go” He said “Let me go pack a couple of things and I will come with you”

“Ryan” She said sadly “You heard your father, he needs you here. Your pack needs you here. What kind of Alpha would you make if you abandoned your pack when they need you the most?”

“What kind of mate would it make me if I abandoned you when you need me the most?” He replied.

She sighed “I will be fine Ryan, I’m a tough girl I will survive. Your pack is in crisis and needs you now more than I do. Once everything is worked out I will be back, and I will be expecting you to finish what you had started up there in my room”

He gave her a small smile “I can you promise you that I intend to mark you the next time I see you, and nobody will stop me.”

“Good” She said smiling at him, she stood on her tippy toes and pecked his lips softly “I’m going to miss you” She whispered.

“Not as much as I am going to miss you” He replied kissing her back “Stay safe” He said before hugging her body tightly against his.

“You too, I will call you when I get to somewhere safe”

“You better” He said dropping his arms back to his side.

They continued walking out the door, until they reached the passenger door of the car that Sam was sitting in. “I love you Lexi” He said when she opened the door.

“I love you too Ryan”

Ryan bent down and looked in the door at Sam “You better keep her safe Sam” He warned him.

“Don’t worry Ryan I won’t let anything happen to her.”

Ryan nodded his head at Sam before standing back up. Lexi grabbed him and pulled his face to hers giving him one last kiss before getting in the car.

“Let’s go Sam” She said as she put her seatbelt on.

Sam started the car and slowly started driving down the pack house driveway. Until he reached the main road. The entire drive down the driveway Lexi watched Ryan slowly disappear in the side mirror of the car. Doing her best to fight the tears that wanted to fall.