To the End of Time

I saw a GIF story AU on Tumblr (Tumblr is amazing btw) where Zayn is a famous artist and Liam is a famous singer. They meet, they both come out gay, and they end up dating. Then Zayn flies on an airplane to someplace, the plane crashes, blows up, and, as you may have guessed, Zayn dies. And Liam is left hurting. Many of you have probably seen this, and that is my inspiration for this one shot.

I felt like the story could be told in words as well as GIFS.

Warning: Tears may be shed.

_________

Zayn Malik.

Zayn Malik.

Zayn Malik.

The famous singer, Liam Payne, couldn't get that boy out of his mind. Anyone could've guessed that Zayn Malik is the biggest artist out there. His graffiti, paintings, and drawings could be known as his by anyone.

And Liam, being the famous singer he is, has every one of his art works and fancies him dearly. That's right. THE Liam Payne has a crush on THE Zayn Malik, the famous artist. The artist that probably wasn't aware of his existence. And Liam didn't even know if Zayn was gay, like him.

Which upset Liam even more.

On the other hand, Zayn was aware of Liam's existence. He was aware that Liam has a bit of an obsession over his art work and, well, him, but Zayn doesn't mind one bit.

In fact, the artist had a little crush on Liam himself. He had every one of Liam's songs on his iPhone, had a couple of pictures of him, and occasionally watched a few videos of him. It wasn't stalker-ish, like his best mate Louis Tomlinson, says, it's love. He, as well, didn't know if Liam was gay or not.

But today, things were going to change. Today Zayn was going in for an interview at the same studio Liam was in. And even the host of the show, Harry Styles, agreed to this special surprise. Zayn was planning on surprising Liam during his interview. The interviewer would say a few cue words, and's when Zayn would walk in.

However, Lam had no idea that Zayn was going to make a special appearance at all. He was in his dressing room, getting ready for an interview. He tightened the collar of his plaid shirt, looked over his styled quiff one last time, and proceeded to open the door.

His tour manager, and best mate, Niall Horan, beat him to it. His blonde-dyed quiffed hair, blue eyes, hoddie, jeans, and supras were seen at the door.

Even though Niall was only twenty, the same age as Liam, he was smart for his age. Planning interviews, tour dates, and breaks between tours and recording new songs was what Niall was good at. And even though he was the tour manager, he knew when to be serious and when it was time to have fun.

"You're on stage in five minutes Li," Niall told him, reading off a clipboard. "Okay Ni. I'm ready," I told him. Niall smiled, nodded, then helped Liam put on a microphone and led Liam to the stage.

Liam waited until the host, Harry, would say his name.

Harry said a few words about Liam's songs, success, and how he came to be. He welcomed Liam onto the stage and Liam walked on, waving to the camera and crowds.

Harry was actually a close friend of Liam. They were twenty, the same age, and known each other for a couple of years now. So it was almost a friendly conversation to them.

Harry had asked the same questions every interviewer would ask. How he sees himself in a few years, his new song ideas, and lastly, his relationship status, which was single. But in all honesty, Liam was waiting for one person, Zayn.

"So Liam, I've heard that you have a little crush over the artist, Zayn Malik. Is that true?" Harry asked. Liam blushed. "People have heard things, but I won't confirm that or not. I really admire his work. He's an amazing artist," Liam replied.

"He went to your concert last night," Harry pointed out. Liam's jaw dropped to the floor. Liam tried to say sane. "He did?" Liam asked, surprised. "Yeah. He went with one of his mates, best mates probably, Louis Tomlinson. There's a picture of it on twitter," Harry replied.

Liam turned to the TV screen behind him and a picture of Zayn appeared. Zayn and his mate Louis had their arms around each other while they had their tongues sticking out at a selfie they took.

The caption read, "At @Real_Liam_Payne's concert with my mate @Louis_Tomlinson! Last song just ended! Amazing job Liam. :)"

Liam blushed. Zayn Malik was at his concert yesterday. Zayn saw Liam singing, moving, and dancing on stage. Liam couldn't stop hyperventilating.

"Oh my goodness. I didn't think Zayn would come to one of my concerts," Liam managed to say.

"What would you say if told you Zayn was in the studio right now, watching your interview?" Harry asked. "Well, it's hard to tell because he probably isn't here," Liam said, almost disappointed.

"Look behind you," Harry said, poiting towards one of the entrances. Liam looked behind him, and there he was, Zayn Malik.

Liam tried to stay calm as he saw Zayn walk closer and closer to him. His golden-brown eyes sparkled. His raven-back hair was covered by a red beanie, which matched his skinny jeans and black tank. His smile could light up the whole world. The tattoos on his tanned arms added to his beauty.

Zayn walked over and sat next to Liam on the same couch, who was having a 'fangirl' moment.

"Hi Liam," Zayn said in a Bradford accent, holding out his hand. Liam shook his hand and tried to stay sane for the heck of the interview. "You did an amazing job last night," Zayn told him. Liam started shaking and started breathing heavily. "Umm...thank you," Liam said through breaths.

"Liam, it's funny seeing a famous singer like yourself, now what's the term, 'fangirl' over someone," Harry joked while everyone in the crowd laughed. "Famous singers can fangirl too ok?" Liam protested as the crowd laughed again.

The three of them had talked and Liam got to know Zayn better.

After the interview, Liam and Zayn walked off the stage, their hands brushing against each other. They got back stage and smiled at each other. "I really like you Liam. Maybe we could go and spend the day together or something," Zayn said once they were back stage. "I think we could too. I mean, Louis and Niall are getting alone pretty well," Liam replied, pointing to Louis and Niall, who were talking and smiling at each other.

"Is Niall really your tour manager?" Zayn asked. Liam nodded. Zayn gave a confused look. "He's only twenty, like us, but he's pretty smart. He's my best mate, and the best tour manager you could ask for," Liam told him.

Zayn nodded. "How about Louis? Is he an artist too?" Liam asked. "A little. We sometimes paint together and he just travels around with me. He's a childhood friend," Zayn replied.

"So could I have your number?" Zayn asked. Liam nodded and took out his phone. They exchanged phones and pit in each other's numbers. They gave their phones back.

"I should probably go now. I have a deadline for one of my paintings," Zayn said. "It's ok. I have a concert tonight so I have to go to rehearsal," Liam replied.

"I hope to see you soon," Zayn whispered. Zayn then kissed Liam's cheek, smiled, and walked away to get Louis.

Niall they walked over to Liam. "So he kissed you?" Niall asked. Liam nodded, softly rubbing his cheek.

"Niall, I think I'm in love."

Zayn and Louis walked out of the building. Louis then nudged Liam. "So, you decided to kiss the lad?" Louis asked. "Yeah. I really like him," Zayn simply replied.

"Zaynie's in love!" Louis exclaimed.

Zayn blushed, knowing what Louis said was true.

He was in love with the singer.

And the singer was in love with the artist.

___________

Liam and Zayn did stay in touch. Their text conversations would phone calls would last for hours, they would tell each other everything, and they didn't want it any other way. Niall and Louis were surprised that they weren't dating yet.

Four months later, Liam had asked Zayn to be his boyfriend, which Zayn said yes to. After that point Niall and Louis started dating as well.

Niall had planned he interviews, tours, and performances to be in the same cities as Zayn's art shows, which Liam thanks Niall so many times, so they could all be together.

They came out as gay and told the world they were dating after a year of their secret relationship. Both of their fans were very supportive, but some of them were being homophobic but they simply ignored it.

In fact, they came out on Harry's show, the place they met for the first time.

"So it is confirmed that you lads are dating?" Harry questioned. Liam looked at Zayn. "Yes. We're definitely together and simply in love," Liam replied.

"So, the last time you were on this show, you have just met for the first time. How much has your life changed?" Harry asked as Liam and Zayn sat on the couch together.

"It's been amazing and has changed a lot since last year. Zayn's an amazing person and he completes my world," Liam said, looking at Zayn fondly. "Liam, as well, is amazing. He's perfect," Zayn replied, giving Liam the same look.

"So, this might be true or not, but is it true your best mate Louis, and Liam's tour manager, Niall, are dating?" Harry asked Zayn. "Maybe they should tell you that themselves," Zayn replied.

"Let's see then shall we?" Harry asked, looking to the TV screen.

Liam and Zayn looked back at the TV screen. The screen showed the backstage rooms and everyone standing behind stage. The camera then reached Liam's dressing room and opened the door. The room revealed Louis and Niall in the middle of a snogging session.

The couple looked disgusted at the scene while Harry refused to look.

The scene disappeared and there was an awkward silence. "Does that answer your question?" Zayn asked, embarrassed. "Yes. Enough," Harry answered awkwardly. "Since Niall's been my manager, I've never seen him do that before," Liam pointed out.

Harry to the time to ask one more question. "So I take it that you're both happy?" Harry asked. Liam looked at Zayn while Zayn smiled back, then suddenly giving Liam a quick kiss.

"Yes. We're both happy, and we wouldn't want it any other way."

_________

"Bye Zayn," Liam said, hugging his boyfriend one last time.

Zayn was flying home to show off his art at an art show near home. Liam wished he could join him but Liam had a show the next day and wouldn't make it back in time. Louis, however, was staying with Liam and Niall until Zayn came back.

"I'll miss you, but I'll be back next week for another date ok?" Zayn asked, hugging him. "Ok," Liam said, burying his face in Zayn's neck.

Zayn was able to pull away. He grabbed his suitcase and started towards the terminal towards Bradford.

"Good bye Zayn! I'll miss you! I love you!" Liam exclaimed.

"I love you too, but I'll miss you even more," Zayn shouted back before walking into the terminal door.

Little did Liam know that that was the last time he'd get hug Zayn, tell him how much he loved him, and cuddle against him.

Because the unthinkable happened.

At about 3:00 in the morning, Liam's ring tone filled his hotel room. Liam groaned and turned on his phone to see an unknown. He slid the green button across his iPhone and brought the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked in a deep, morning voice.

"Hello. Are you Liam Payne, boyfriend of Zayn Malik?" A voice asked.

"Yes. Why? What happened?" He asked, sitting up on the hotel bed, concerned.

"Liam, we're sorry to inform you, but there was an accident. The plane headed to Bradford, the plane Zayn was on...crashed. There were major wind problems at the time. It blew the plane around and the pilot lost control. The plane crashed in a field and exploded once it crashed. And... we regret to inform you that Zayn died on impact. I'm sorry."

Liam felt his heart shatter. He felt the tears stream down his face. "N-No it can't be true. How are you calling me?" Liam asked, almost in tears. "When we rummaged through the plane to find any survivors, we found Zayn's body. We found his phone and saw you as an emergency contact. We'll be happy to give you his phone once we fly to London," the, assuming lad, replied.

"T-Thank you," Liam replied, crying. The lad hung up and Liam screamed.

Liam fell on his knees of the hotel room floor. He covered his face with his hand, screamed, and cried.

Louis and Niall heard Liam screaming, because they were all sharing a suite, and ran to Liam's room to see what happened.

They opened the door to see Liam on the floor, crying and screaming words that weren't very nice at all.

Niall ran to Liam's side and knelt down next to him, hugging him.