Chapter 3: chocolate

Start from the beginning

"Get em to hate slytherin early. Good plan," James nodded in approval, to which Lily smacked his shoulder.

"Oooo kinky," James winked.

Colette leaned over towards Remus, "I told you he had kinks," she whispered.

Remus looked up at her with quickly reddening cheeks and attempted to suppress his laughter, failing epically. Remus was normally soft-spoken, his gentle voice soothing and deep; but when he laughed it was like a firework: it started off quiet and unnoticeable until it suddenly became a booming crescendo. It was why Colette loved making him laugh. His voice was calming like light rain pattering against pavement, but when he laughed it was a hurricane.

Their laughter was cut short by the calm, clear voice of Albus Dumbledore echoing through the great hall. He recited his usual speech and they  sang the school song, James and Sirius holding the last note as long as they could. Then the food finally appeared on the table. Some things at Hogwarts never ceased to amaze Colette, and the meals were no exception. Marlene, Sirius, and James grabbed everything in sight, piling their food on their plates as though they were trying to create an edible replica of the leaning tower of Pisa.  Lily went for a more sophisticated approach, grabbing a few healthy things first then taking a single cookie. Lily prided herself on her sophistication, always reminding the others that she was "nothing if not classy." Colette and Remus just went for desserts. Colette took anything that looked sweet and anything with fruit.

"Got enough chocolate there, buddy?" Colette laughed upon seeing Remus' plate.

"Mmmm.... not quite," He responded as he grabbed an eclair. "There we go. And by the way," he said as he took a bite of some unknown dark brown substance, "you can never have enough chocolate."

"Remus you're really going to have to fix your diet if you're planning to live past sixty. The healthiest thing on your plate is a chocolate covered strawberry." She scolded the boy.

"So you admit I have one healthy item," Remus questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"It's not healthy! It's tainted!" Colette laughed.

"Look at your plate! You've got no room to talk about tainted fruits! Fruitcake is a tainted monstrosity. Even labeling it as edible is generous." Remus argued and ate his strawberry.

"Stop your bickering. I'd be surprised if either of you made it to thirty. Just shut up and enjoy your food," Lily interjected.

"Yes, mum," they responded in unison.

"They're so cute," Sirius grinned.

"They're like an old married couple," Marlene commented, earning a laugh from the whole group. Except for Remus, who blushed and looked down at his hands. James reached over and tousled his hair.

**************************************************

"Marlene get your crap off my bed!" Colette heard Lily's sharp voice shouting, awaking her from her food-induced nap. She smiled and sat up in her bed, propping herself up with her elbow. In pure Lily Evans fashion, all of her things were already perfectly organized. Her uniform was laid out on top of her trunk, along with her wand and her books. She had a few pictures taped up on the wall. Colette noticed one of her and her sister Petunia and let out a small sigh. Petunia and Lily weren't on the best terms.

"I'm sorry! We can't all be organizational freaks like you!" Marlene shouted back from the bathroom. While Lily let out an aggravated an aggravated groan, Colette let out an entertained chuckle. Where Lily couldn't handle disorganization, Marlene thrived in controlled chaos. For some unfathomable reason, she had completely emptied out her trunk without any intention of setting up her things. Clothes, books, pictures, and other random trinkets were dispersed all around her bed and leaked into Lily's space. Every year Lilly threatened to bust out some duct tape and make clear divisions as to who's space was who's. To which Marlene would respond with an ever so classy "kiss my fat, black ass."

As in most things concerning the three, Colette was the middle ground. She'd left most of her things unpacked, deciding to leave that for tomorrow. She'd just brought out her uniform, her books, and her wand. She picked it up and stared at it, running her fingers along its frame, somehow coarse yet smooth at the same time. When she first stepped into Olivander's shop at eleven years old, he'd known immediately what to give her. The ebony wand with dragon heartstring took immediately. It was eleven inches and fairly rigid. From the second the wand had been placed in her hand she'd known it was the one.

As she felt the dark, cool surface of her wand her mind started to wander. She thought of that morning, how Remus had smelled faintly of chocolate when she hugged him. Letting out a faint laugh, she wondered what was with that boy and chocolate. His eyes reminded her of chocolate as well, not only in their color, but also in their nature. They were dark and rich yet, somehow sweet at the same time. She felt a soft smile creep on her face.

Lily leaned against the railing of her bed, "What'cha thinkin about?" she asked the blonde.

Colette shrugged, "Chocolate."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, friends. I'm so sorry about the long wait. I've been really busy lately and I've had so many different ideas in my head about this book and had so many different plot twists and endings in my mind that had to be established before I continued that I took a while for me to publish anything new. But trust me, what I have in store will not disappoint.

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, they're so greatly appreciated. If you've ever published anything on Wattpad, you know how nerve-wracking publishing the beginnings of your first story can be. That being said, I'm just starting out and would do greatly appreciate any sort of constructive criticism you have to offer.

All in all, I'm just very excited for this fan fic and I'm just so grateful for all of the votes and comments. Also s/o to all the people who put Touch in their reading lists because seeing that notification completely makes my day. I love you all :)

Cheers!
~CK