Chapter 3: chocolate

Colette

"Gryffindor!" the sorting hat called out as the students clapped, Collete whooping along with her fellow housemates. She hadn't really heard the name of the student, but if she was being honest she didn't really care. She had stopped paying attention to the sorting ceremony her third year. Now she talked with her friends but perked up and hollered whenever they heard their house.

"Nope," Lily said as soon as James turned toward her.

"You don't even know what I was going to say!" James protested as his friends laughed.

"Alright then," she turned towards the boy sitting next to her, "What were you going to say?"

James grinned, "One date, that's all. If you're not satisfied, which would be absurd, then that's it. I'll never bother you again."

"How about this: no date, and you never bother me again."

Colette laughed and rolled her eyes. James was persistent, she'd give him that. A complete shithead, but a persistent one. She looked at the boy next to her.

"Does he know Lily's not even a natural redhead?" She asked Remus.

He looked up from his book, "Sorry?"

She grinned, "She dyes her hair. Does James even know? I really hope his whole thing isn't just a redhead fetish because..."

"Mmm... I don't think it's the hair that does it for him. He's more of a tits kinda guy." Remus responded without a trace of a smile but with unconcealed amusement in his eyes.

"Huh... and all this time I thought it was the hair," Colette shrugged her shoulders. "How many times do you think she'll have to reject him before he'll give up?

Remus laughed, "James? Give up? Not a chance." He looked back down at his book, "She might have to marry the guy."

"Now, that's funny," Lily chimed in.

"What can I say, I'm a funny guy," Remus said as he continued to read.

Upon hearing Remus' suggestion, James proposed to Lily. Lily, of course, said no and launched into all of the things she would rather do than become Lily Potter.

"Have a one night stand with a troll, spend a year alone in the forbidden forrest, wear anything yellow..."

"What's wrong with yellow?" James laughed.

"With red hair? No thank you." She snorted.

Amused, Colette turned back towards Remus, "Didn't your mother ever tell you it was rude to read during a meal?"

"The meal hasn't started yet. Didn't your mother ever tell you it was rude to talk to someone who's reading?" He responded.

"Colette, how could you? You might as well pants the queen," Sirius scolded her with a grin on his face.

"Fine by me, I'm French," Colette shrugged.

"Shhhhh! I'm trying to listen!" Marlene attempted to quiet the group. Her request was met with replies of "shut up" and "go suck an egg."

"Assholes," she mumbled.

"So, what do you have in store for the first years this year?" Lily asked Sirius.

"Not sure yet. I'm thinking something with snakes..." Sirius responded. Remus rolled his eyes and smiled before continuing to read.