"Really? I didn't know you were on the basketball team."

"I'm offended." He gasps, placing a hand on his heart.

"I didn't mean to offend you!" I laugh at him. "I just didn't know you were on the team.. " I tell him honestly.

Shoot, I didn't even know we had a basketball team here.

"Naw I'm just messing with you." He chuckles, while taking one of my chicken nuggets. "But now that you know, you should come to some of my games.. you know, it'll make me feel like da shit if I see ya there cheering for me." He smirks.

Blushing at his comment, I eat another one of my chicken nuggets before replying.

"Really? I don't really like sports, but I'll come to like 2 or 3 games." I promise him.

"Ite, I'll  hold you up to your promise." He says. "So where's ya friends?" He asks me.

"Home & suspended.. I'm riding solo today. " I say, laughing lightly.

"I'm guessing the Dre guy is da one that's suspended?"

"Yep, you guessed right."

"Hmm .. he'on really like me do he?" He asks me.

He doesn't like you at all actually.

"No,no he likes you. He's just very .. how do I put this? ... he's very weird, & blunt." I tell him, lying just a little bit.

"Thanks for tryna spare my feelings Kay, but I know when somebody don't like me." He laughs.

"Ok ok, he doesn't really like you." I finally confess.

"I know." He says, smirking weirdly. "So I was wondering-" he starts to say, but gets cut off by the last bell of the day.

Getting up from the table, I grab my bag & my tray and head for the door, not before throwing my plate away.

"What were you saying?" I ask him, as we walk out of the crowded school to the even crowded parking lot.

"I wanna take you out dis weekend." He says bluntly, walking me to my car.

"Oh um .. Why?" I ask him nervously.

"Cause you beautiful, you a chill ass girl, you funny, and ya smart. I wanna get to know ya a luh betta Kay." He says, leaning on my car staring down at me.

"Oh .. Y-you can take me out then. This weekend, that's what you said right? I mean if you don't wanna go this weekend then we can just go another weekend if that-" I start rambling, but stop when I hear him laughing.

"Yes Kay, I said this weekend .. I'll pick you up Saturday at 6?"

"O-Okay, that's fine."

"Ite, see ya Kay." He says before walking off.

Releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding, I get in my car and pull out of the school's parking lot.

A date? With Koby? I was bound to embarrass myself this weekend, I've never even been on a date. Maybe I'll just cancel & say I wasn't feeling well .. maybe, just maybe.

***********************

Nicki's POV -
That same day.
At home.

I stayed home today.

Why? Because of the simple fact that I didn't wanna see Dre's head ass. That day we kissed was the last day we talked to each other, & to be honest it was eating me alive. I Wanted to talk to Dre, I Wanted to fuss playfully with him, & I Wanted to kiss him again. Y'all might be shocked that THE Nicole Arrington actually likes Dre, but it is what it is.