In between the rest of the show and the transitioning of models going back and forth off and on the catwalk, my mother texts me with an instruction to pay my undivided attention to a blond hair male model coming towards the catwalk. Apparently, he goes by the name of Luke.

And just as I look up the description of Luke comes into physicality. The model that my mum has recently scouted takes the catwalk with a turquoise coloured suit. It's a blooming outfit and it stands out — it would noticeably stand out if Luke chose to wear this on a regular day. It would stand out on a day of an occasion, too.

Shivers run down my spine at the sound of Harry's voice whispering coherent words into
my ear. "That colour is as beautiful as you," he says to me.

Minutes later Cara makes a reappearance in a dress with a similar colour of the suit Luke had on minutes ago. Instead Cara's dress is intermixed with more green than blue, but it's still stunning.

Harry kisses my cheek before I kiss behind Harry's ear tenderly.

MUM GREETS US AFTER the fashion show backstage where chaos has lessened and models have departed. She pulls I and Harry into a simultaneous hug, mumbling a happy birthday to Harry solemnly. Harry responsively thanks her before pulling me into his side as he wraps an arm around my waist. I smile proudly.

Just as the three of us agree to leave the venue behind mum is called back. She holds out her index for myself and Harry to wait for her re-arrival before disappearing to the voice who called for her. I and Harry are left alone for a brief moment as my mother converses with two  men wearing ridiculous patterned shirts similar to Harry's growing collection. Surprisingly the three call Harry over.

I frown confusingly as Harry greets the strangers, a proud smile on his face that shows nothing but amiability. He waves kindly at them. The men and Harry seem to be in an intensive and inaudible conversation and, not long after, Harry smiles as he shakes the strangers hands whilst Cara walks into the circle of conversation just as shockingly.

Harry, excitedly, tells her something that arises a wholehearted beam. Teeth on a full display like it's the best news Harry's heard all day. Grinning from ear to ear like a Chelsea Smile. My sister and my boyfriend hug each other before Harry walks towards my lost figure.

And I am so lost, filled with lots and lots of questions and concerns. And as Harry locks eyes with me his entire aura and his smile dissipates instantaneously. His reaction only spurs more confusion from within my conscience. Pessimism makes an experience whilst I try to, mentally, understand why analog with what is beginning to happen.

Then Harry pulls me into his chest swiftly for a hug. "Those men. They're apart of a modelling agency, and they want to scout me. Like be my agent. I have two weeks to finalise my answer."

THE NEWS IS AN automatic argument. Like a debate where you state a claim and then someone throws out a persuasive rebuttal, then there's a back-and-forth passive argument with extreme determination on who's more logical and who isn't.

I can easily form multiple rebuttals — continuous stress for Harry if he decides to go further into the scouting. The frequent and abrupt departures for days and months and more months depending on the job he'd book. And Harry would disappear like my mother and Cara, and I can't have another person in my life physically disappear in my life for an unreasonable duration.

But it's different with Harry rather than my family. Because Harry can fall for someone else while he's away. I don't want that in any way. I tell Harry my thoughts.

"-- and what about college, the one you're interested in in Cambridge?" The rebuttal doesn't alter Harry in the slightest. In fact he doesn't seem to mind as he shrugs unconvincingly.

Almost defeatedly I sigh to myself. "I just don't want you to join the fashion world, Harry," my arms fly and frail around like a mindless pigeon. "The time zones when you have to travel, we wouldn't be able to handle that."

And Harry hasn't precisely cheated on me before, because he didn't actually kiss Liam back. I tell him that too. I tell Harry anything and everything that'll convince him to join the dental programme for any university that is interested in him as he reciprocates the admiration also. But, all Harry does is ready himself for the birthday dinner scheduled for him in the next hour. Completely hearing but not listening nor holding onto my every word.

It's like screaming into a bottomless pit. One that echoes back the every word you uttered but doesn't make an effort to respond nor alter your crazed thoughts. Your concerns and questions. Harry's a bottomless pit right about now — convinced, careless, and irresponsive.

"Honestly, Niall," Harry glances at me with a burning green intent kind of look in his eye. "Your opinion doesn't matter to me." The statement takes me aback.

"I can do whatever I want because I'm an adult and you just won't simply care anyways," Harry continues with a melodramatic sigh. "If you did care, you wouldn't stand in the way of my future. Ever."

With every word Harry says I hold onto tightly. Like a rope that's preventing me from falling into the mud. Like I'm rock climbing and the rope wrapped around me is saving me from a downfall.

I watch Harry walk out of our hotel room, leaving me to plunge into the mattress with an arising defeat.

-

-

-

-

fight fight. who side are you on or you understand more? Harry or Niall?

What do you think will happen next? Good or bad?