Chapter 2

"Emily, wake up. We must pack. We will be leaving soon." Mommy told me a huge grin plastered on her lips. Any other person would think that she was happy to move but, the truth is she is looking forward to slaughtering the whole town. I waited till she left to pull the covers off of my bare, bruised, body and got up to get dressed. 

There were bruises on my hips from where my brother gripped me as he slammed into me, despite my screams and cries of please stop and no don't. There was also a large black and purple bruise on my stomach where he punched me. I slipped on a pair of black and purple joggers and a gray tank top. I decided to dress comfortable since I would be packing all day.

"Emily, breakfast!!!" I ran downstairs, breakfast is the only meal that my parents don't incorporate their killings into. "Oh, good morning Emily, it is rare that you grace us with your presence. I made pancakes." Mommy said as she handed me a plate with 4 pancakes on it. Since breakfast was the only hot meal I ever really ate, I would gorge myself on the delicious hot food. 

Brother walked around the corner he smirked at me and I shivered. Mommy looked at me and said, "Are you cold dear?" I nodded, Mommy didn't know what brother did to me, only Daddy knew. She walked over to me and wrapped a cloak around my shoulders. I cringed at the metallic stench of blood on the clothing. I quickly shrugged it off and continued to eat.

Mommy handed me a whole bunch of fold-able boxes they were lying flat until I popped them into a box shape. I went upstairs and began to pack. I have packed so many times that I know how to fit just about everything I own in a total of four boxes. I have more clothes than I did last year. I was just about to go ask for another box when brother walked into my room.

My body went rigid with fear as he walked behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. "Mmm, Emily, you smell good. But I want you to make me feel good. Get on your knees slut." I elbowed him in the ribs and ran for the door. He tackled me to the ground and forced himself on me.

Around 55 minutes later he was getting dressed and leaving my room. I didn't even cry this time. I knew that it would be silly to cry because this happens 3 or 4 times a day. He would be back for more later, and I need to finish packing before he comes back. I slipped on my clothes and went to ask for that extra box. I finally finished packing and went downstairs to watch t.v, drake and josh reruns were on, so I watched them. 

I was laughing at drake and josh's antics when Mommy came in the living room. "There is something I must tell you Emily. You are 16 now, you must participate in this town it will be your first kill and countless more. Trust me you will love it, the feeling of the blood running down your arms as you torture the helpless. It gives you such a rush. I can't wait to watch you kill your first." I cringed at what she said. She left the room a wide grin plastered onto her lips. 

Daddy came in after her, "Princess, I have something to tell you. The reason I have allowed your brother to rape you is because if I don't he will kill your mother's unborn child. Yes, your mother is pregnant, all you have to do is put up with it until the child is old enough to protect itself , good news, it will only be around 10 more years of his 4 times a day."

I wanted to scream and throw Daddy to the ground. But I didn't, I nodded, "Y-yes, Daddy, I-I under-st-st-stand." I stuttered. Fear was controlling my voice, and my heart. For it was pounding a thousand miles a minute.