Ch. 4 Potential

Ch. 4

Sunday, June 6th 2027

3:14pm

///Lvl: 6///

///Karaliste Forest///

The trees blocked out the sun and the path was dimly lit to a extend of barely being able to see a hand in front of you. Kaisho had the ability to see a certain distance in the dark, because he was an Elf. The two players stayed close and held on to the back of Kaisho's jerkin making sure not to lose one another in the mysterious location. Howls could be heard from all directions of the forest and were getting louder. Atsuko's heart jumped, she quickly scrolled through her inventory and pulled out a map.

“A-alright according to this map, this forest should take us to one of the starting points for the story quest. The small village called Kochani is located on the other side. We're about half way to the exit so it shouldn’t be that long before we see the sun again.”

The map Atsuko had show the design of the entire land, but zoomed in to their location and followed along with their movements.

“Did you get that from the general store?”Kaisho asked curiously.

“Sure did, they were in the back of the store, if you hard looked enough.”

Recalling back to when he was at the store. He didn’t look around at all since he was teaching Ren the basics. He only grabbed his weapons and left. Thinking about it now he should have gotten one since no player had a mini map.

“We wont have to be here long right?” Ryuu asked with discomfort in his voice,” This place gives me the creeps.”

“Not too long, once we're out of here we can logout and take a break ok?” She replied and rubbed his back.

He calmed down and relaxed more than he was since they entered the forest.

“Are they dating?” Kaisho wondered to himself.

Telling by the way he has seen them act they could be either dating or related. Unsure of an answer he decided to ask.

“You two know each other in real life?”

“We've been friends since we were kids.” Atsuko replied, “Having the same interest, we both wanted to play Aura and decided we should level together.”

“So when she's on, im on and vice versa.” Ryuu added.

“I see.” Kaisho responds pleased with the answer.

Thinking about friends he remembers Renzuke and checks to see if he is online now. He opens up his main menu and ta[s his friends list. A ring began going off and Kaisho looked around quickly as it stopped. The forest became silent and there was nothing in sight but more trees. He started moving again when he had heard the ringing noise again.

“Hey do you two hear a ring?” He asked

“No not at all, why?” Ryuu responded.

Examining his menu and spots a small telephone on the side of his menu. He taps the phone and he hears a voice.

“Hello? Kai?” The voice says.

“Ren? Is that you?” Kaisho replies out loud

“Yeah it is! How are you buddy? Where did you run off to?” He yelled loudly

“I think went to the north of the plains, following the road.” Kaisho thought to himself.

“Follow the road north? Got it.” Ren answers.