That Time When Ella and Han Got Closer

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Chapter Three - That Time When Ella and Han Got Closer

In the next morning, Han was in his garage doing in advance some of the work that needed to be done in the cars. He had done a pretty amount of repairs and was just waiting for the kids to be back from school to finish the work and return the cars from its owners.

Han was leaning under the open hood of a car, analyzing the engine; he was so focused on his duties that he didn't notice a white car approaching and parking outside the garage.

"Where's everybody?"

He wasn't expecting that. He jumped and hit his head hard on the hood, making it swing and produce a loud sound that echoed through the place.

"Fuck." Han muttered, putting his hand where he had beaten; it was aching. He got out from under the hood and leaned against the front of the car.

"Oh My God!" Ella was trying not to burst into laughter. "I'm so sorry! Let me see it!" As she came closer to him, she rested her hands in Han's face, forcing him to lower his head, than she looked for any serious wounds among his soft hair. Not finding any, she started to laugh out loud, "Why did you get all scared, Han?"

"I don't know. Maybe because seconds ago there wasn't a living soul behind me?" He said sarcastically, pissed off because Ella was making fun of him. It wasn't funny; it had really hurt. She laughed even more at his vexed pout. Snorting, he turned his back at her and got back to work in the engine, looking for the problem, "From where you came, by the way?"

"Are you telling me you don't know about birds and bees, Han?" Ella mocked him, grinning madly.

"Ha ha! You're funny." He rolled his eyes.

"I try my best." She responded ironically, "So?"

"So what?" Han asked without paying much attention at what she said; he had finally found the engine problem; he took the wrench from over the table and restarted to do his work.

"Where's everybody?" Ella asked slowly as if Han was a child.

He looked at her in the same way.

"I don't know. You tell me, where would a teenager be on a Friday morning?" He grinned at her.

"School." Ella muttered, yet loud enough to him understand.

"And the Intelligence Award goes to..." He mocked her, receiving a raged look in return.

Han chuckled.

Ella rolled her eyes and patted his shoulder.

"What's the deal with the car?" She asked. Resting her arms on the hood, she watched him working.

"Nothing. I'm just checking it for tonight."

"What about tonight?" Ella asked, taking the tool from Han's hand. She pushed him aside and started repairing the engine. He raised an eyebrow at her bossy action; it didn't take a long time for him to find out she carried the Toretto's gene more than he desired.

"A race." Han shrugged and allowed her to continue with what she was doing. He waited patiently until she had finished it, "Not bad." Han took the wrench back and threw it into the toolbox.

He walked to the loft and went to the kitchen cabinet to grab a peanuts package.

The brunette followed him.

"Do you usually race?" She asked.

"Only when it's for something important." Han shrugged again. He opened the package and threw a peanut in the air, trying to get it with his mouth ­­- and he got it.