2

D.

Dan woke up to sweet singing. His mum was a choir director and sang every morning.

Dan got out of bed, got dressed, brushed his teeth, and straightened his hair.

"Good morning sweetie!" His mother singsonged as she sat pancakes on the plates around the table.

Dan sat down and wasted no time getting ready to eat.

5 minutes later Dan's dad and his younger brother, Adrien, came down the stairs in matching suits.

"What are you wear that for?" Dan snorted, trying not to choke on his flapjacks.

"Today is picture day," Adrien proclaimed, "so I wanted to look nice"

"And you do sweet heart. Now come and eat or else you'll go hungry before lunch," 

Dan's dad grabbed a thermo of coffee and gave his wife a kiss. He then hugged his two sons and went off to work.

Mr. Howell was a lawyer. The best lawyer Wokingham had to offer at this moment. And Dan wasn't going to fall in his shadows. He had straight As, all AP classes, and an outstanding record. Many colleges wanted him. And he wasn't even a senior yet.

"Alright kids we're gonna be late lets go!" Mrs. Howell insisted.

The boys rushed to the car and buckled. Their mother tailed behind them, hurrying as well.

Adrien was dropped off first.

Then Dan and his mum went off into the school for a long 7 hours.

****
P.

Phil woke up to screaming. A one way conversation. Obviously his mum yelling at his "father" over the phone.

"Dear god. Why can't one day be good?"

Phil got dressed and brushed his teeth. He didn't bother to say goodbye to his mum or grab anything to eat. He just rushed out the door and walked to school, earbuds blasting, heart pounding.

Someone shoved him from behind. He stumbled but didn't fall. 

"Earbuds out now gay boy,"

Phil sighed and took his earbuds out. He turned to face his bully, Aidan.

"Just look at you. Tired, ugly, worthless. How should I beat you today,"

"The w-worst you c-can," Phil mumbled.

"You actually had a good idea up in that stupid head of yours. Sounds good,"

With a swift movement Aidan's hand connected to Phil jaw sending his frame tumbling to the pavement. Aidan was sure to kick him multiple times in the ribs before striding off and stepping on Phil's ankles.

Phil pulled himself off the ground even though he didn't want to. He wanted to just lay there and maybe a car would veer off the road and kill him.

But he did indeed get himself up and to his first class on time.

****

The day was ending at school. But Phil knew what would come his way before leaving. More hell.

Phil stood at his locker when the all too familiar voice called from behind him.

"Look. It's the worthless, ugly, retarded, worn out, forgotten, unloved gay boy. Ready for round two?"

Phil turned around to face him again. He was then shoved against the lockers, causing his neck to jerk back and forth. Aidan then slammed his fist into Phil's stomach and sent Phil to the hallway floor.

Aidan squatted down to Phil's ground level, "kill. yourself. No one would even care if you died. Not your worn out mum. Your shitfaced father. Not anyone would give a fuck. We'd be happy," Aidan spat at him. He then finished it off with a disrespectful slap to Phil's pale cheek. And left him laying on the cold, hard floor. Where he belonged.