Chapter Three

"Ever since these feeling started I wanted to tell you the truth but I knew if I did Father would execute you once you found out. Then today when you told him I figured I had a chance." Xander said.

He sat on Corrin's bed, they had long ditched the tub.
He had mostly dried off but Corrin's hair dripped water down her face and back as she paced back and forth.
"Xander, you can't just spring this on me." Corrin said. She finally stopped to look at him.
"You would not have me, then?" He asked, his gaze hopeful and longing.

Corrin gripped her fists tightly at her sides, looking down at her feet. Xander noted that she did this often.
He studied her face which was strained in concentration. He looked at that beauty mark by her mouth, the same one her mother had.
He had never seen Corrin's mother, only portraits of her from time to time. Sadly, her mother had died not to long ago.

"I didn't say that." She finally said, looking up at him.
"But what would the others think? What about Father?" She asked.
"Father mustn't know." Xander piped up quickly. "And the others... Give them time."

"Corrin." Xander confronted her.
"Yes?" She looked down at him.
"May I have you?" He asked.
Corrin chewed on her lip for a bit and thought about it.

"Yes, Xander. I will allow you to have me." She finally agreed.
Excitedly, he jumped up and grabbed Corrin by the waist and picked her up, twirling around.

He set her back down but the gravity from the drop brought down too much force with her and her towel slipped down.
"Oh my gosh!" Corrin squealed as she sunk to her knees and wrapped her arms around her body. Her face turned bright pink.

Slightly blushing, Xander looked away. He walked over and grabbed his cape and then walked back and wrapped it around her.
"Thank you." She said gratefully, her face still pink.

Xander stayed facing the other way while Corrin changed into pajamas.
"Okay, coast is clear." She joked as Xander turned around. She was wearing a silk purple button up shirt with matching pants. She was leaning her head to the side, towel drying her long hair.

"You are so beautiful." Xander complemented, sitting back onto the bed.
"Oh, hush..." Corrin blushed as she sat down at her vanity. She picked up her brush and began running it through her silvery hair.

Xander dressed back into his clothes, his blonde hair already dry. He left his shirt off, his bare chest exposed. He sat on Corrin's bed, watching her silently. A devilish grin spread across his face.

"What?" She asked, her hair brushed and her face looking at him intensely.
"Come here." He commanded, his hand moving in a beckoning motion.
She stood from her seat and walked over to the bed, standing over him.

"What do you want?" She asked, trying to figure out the intentions behind his devilish smile.
Xander grabbed her arm, pulling her onto the bed.
"Xander!" She squeaked, trying to pull away. "I told you, we can't!"

"Relax, little princess." He cooed, positioning Corrin next to him.
Her face turned a bright red at the Prince's bare chest pressed up against her back.
"Xander..." She started to protest again.
"Please." He begged, his breath hot against her back, sending goosebumps down her whole body. She shivered.

"I leave tomorrow on a mission, please let me enjoy your presence before I leave." He pleaded, hugging her against him tighter.
"Fine." Corrin agreed, relaxing against him. Oddly enough, she fit perfectly against him.

Corrin wiggled free from his grasp quickly, shushing Xander's protests with her finger. She grinned at him then she walked over to her lamp light and blew it out, flooding the room in darkness.
She climbed back in bed and back into Xander's embrace. Laying together like this wouldn't hurt, would it? She shook the thoughts from her mind.

"You're so warm." Corrin commented, highly aware of his bare chest. She snuggled closer, enjoying the warmth. Even though she couldn't see his face, she could sense his smile.
"Are you always this cold?" He questioned, running his hands up and down her waist.
"Only at night." She answered. Corrin stared into the darkness, feeling the slight rise and fall off Xander's chest against her back. His breath slow and hot against her neck.

"Then perhaps..." He said sleepily,"we should invest in getting a fire started?"
"I think you'll warm me up just fine." She stated.
"Mhmm..." He responded, leaning over and nibbling her elfish ear.
Corrin gasped and arched her back.
"Xander!" She scolded, stunned from the unexpected gesture.
Xander chuckled and laid his head back down, pulling the blankets up over them.

Corrin felt his breathing grow shallow and slow, signaling he had fallen asleep. Her eyelids started to droop. With Xander next to her like this, she started to feel like she had chosen the right side. She smiled as she drifted into sleep.