The Beginning of the End

Sometimes things happen that you don't like, or don't expect. That's just life. And sometimes when things like this happen, you do something stupid, like me. But that's not the point. The point is...What is the point? My name is Megan Frost, and I'm not your ordinary girl.

Most girls obsess over their hair, and struggle to put on the perfect outfit or makeup.. Me? I just brush my short, highlighted hair and put on whatever I can find. It makes things simpler. I wasn't that popular, but I had friends. Their names were Emillia, Hallie, Auburn, and Jillian.

Today was Wednesday. The school day started as it always had. We sat in the gym, which was hot and smelled like socks, then we got our crappy breakfast, and went to our first class, Reading. We were learning about hyperboles..er, something like that when there was an announcement. "Teachers," the principal, Mr. Malroy, started quietly, "the grass is blue, I repeat, the grass is blue." This was the code for an intruder in the building. The whole room was freaking out, except for me.

"Kids, get under-" those were the last actual words Ms. Sakai could utter. My knife cut an even ring on her neck. "Uggh.." She fell to the floor, blood spreading in a horror movie style puddle on the floor. The rest of the classroom gasped in unison.

"Alright, I know what to do in a situation like this. I've been waiting for something to happen so I could show how well I've been trained." The class glared at me as if I were a lunatic. "I apologize for Ms. Sakai's untimely death. I didn't mean to cut her neck, I meant to hit the wall. But please, calm down so we're not heard."

"What if they do hear us, Megan?", asked my friend, Auburn. "What if the killer hears us and kills us all?". She had tears in her eyes and she was shaking in her chair. "If we stay quiet, and go along with my plan, nobody will find us. They won't even acknowledge our presences." She looked relieved after I said this, but I could tell she was still slightly scared.

"What's the plan?" Emillia asked. She looked over at Hallie, who was scanning the room. Before I could speak, Hallie interrupted me. "WHERE'S JILLIAN?!!" She was panicking. "I'm right here." Jillian waved her hand from under a table near by. "Oh..."

"The plan?" Emillia reminded me. "Oh, yeah. First, we need to dispose of Ms. Sakai, then we'll go over the plan." Emillia nodded to Hallie and they proceeded to pick up Ms. Sakai and drag her out into the hall. They opened the door to an empty room a long way down the hall and tossed the body inside.

The body was disposed of. Now to explain the plan...