23. Hidden Feelings

Chapter TWENTY-THREE

[Julio]

After long hours of drive, thankfully narating ko rin ang Barrio Masugid kung saan naroon si Erin. Good thing I used my Wrangler, hindi ko inasahang ganito kalubak ang mga madadaanan papunta rito.

She welcomed me with a warm and tight hug. I’m already with her but why do I still miss her?

I just love her so much!

“thank you for coming”

“babe what’s wrong?” I cupped her face and kissed her on the forehead.
Parqang napaka-lungkot niya.
She shook her head.

nothing… I… I just missed you” she said and aggresivley pulled my head close to her and gave me a kiss on the lips for which I responded passionately. This was the first time she initiated our kiss. All this time, it has always been me who initiates skinship.

I snaked my arms around her waist and pull her closer.

Our kiss went deeper…
And deeper…

It seems as if we’ve longed for each other for a long time.

I really can’t imagine living my life without her.

I saw tears falling from her eyes after our lips parted.

I wiped it gently.

“bat ka umiiyak???” I asked.
She shook her head.

“I just missed you” she said.
A smile is slowly forming on my lips as I cupped her face and kissed her for the second time.

I felt her responding as well.

She snaked her arms around my neck while mine is on her waist.

I don’t mind coming here all day kung ganito rin ang madadatnan ko.

I was about to release her nang bigla niyang ibaon ang mukha sa dibdib ko. She’s hugging me real tight. Did she really miss me this much??

Something’s off. She’s never been this clingy before. But I admit I love her being like this.

I kissed the top of her head.
Nobody has ever made me feel this way.

We stayed like this for a while not even realizing we’re in the middle of a rice field.

Matapos ang ilang minuto, nag-angat siya ng tingin.
She smiled.

Let’s go?? Ipapakilala kita sakanila” she said and intertwined her fingers with mine.

I nodded slowly. Why is she being like this??

I followed her until we reach a small nipa hut.

is this where you live??” I asked curiously. She nodded and dragged me in.

Pinagtinginan kami ng mga matatandang nasa loob pagpasok namin. Napatigil ako.

I held her back.

Don’t worry mabait sila” she whispered which calmed my nerve.
I followed her silently.

I saw various reactions on their faces. Some welcomed me with a smile, but most of them are seemingly curious about me.

g..good morning po” I greeted them.
One old lady caught my attention. Hindi ko maalis ang tingin ko sakaniya simula pa kanina. She feels somewhat familiar to me. And I feel the desire to give her a hug.

manang Esther, siya po yung sinasabi ko sainyo.” Erin introduced me nang bigla siyang tumayo at niyakap ako.

I don’t why I feel something odd.
magandang umaga iho…” she said.
Her smile is somewhat familiar to me.
And I don’t know why.

Sakto, nag-aalmusal palang kami, saluhan niyo na kami Erin… iho” an old man appeared out of nowhere.
This familiar heartbeat. What wrong with me??

I shook my head.

I’m having palpitations.

Wag naman sana…

Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa kamay ni Erin.

She looked at me worriedly,
Pakiramdam ko umiikot ang paligid ko.

what’s wrong??” she said.
I shook my head. I don’t wanna trouble nor worry her. I saw a stoll beside me kaya hinila koi to at umupo.

nahihilo kaba??” she asked.
I shook my head.

kukunan kita ng tubig” she said but I didn’t release her hand.  I prefer for her to stay with me.

I’m fine. Napagod lang ako sa byahe” I said.
Umupo ako sa harapan nila. Ang dami nilang nagsasalo-salo sa hapagkainan.

Nagkakamay pa sila at tila ang saya saya nila habang kumakain.
Erin sat beside me.

Tahimik lang kaming nakikinig sa mga pinag-uusapan namin. We casually laugh along with them nang bigla akong mapalingon sa labas ng hut.

May dalawang paparating.

may bisita po ata kayo” I said which caught all of their attention.

nako! Baka sila Sandro at Ezra nay an” I heard the old lady said.

Sandro??

I looked at Erin who is beside me and she seems uneasy about it.

So they were hiding the fact that she was with Sandro?

I won’t mind her being with Sandro, but the fact that they hide it from me, I know something’s off.

Mas lalo pang kumunot ang nook o nang makita ko silang papasok kasama si Ezra.

They’re walking hand in hand.
Hindi ko maalis ang tingin sa kamay nilang dalawa.

Bigla akong nakaramdam ng inis.

Hindi ko alam kung dahil sa paglilihim ni Erin na magkasama sila dito o dahil sa nakikita ko ngayon.