SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT

It's Friday, apparently am supposed to be at the family house for dinner with the family, my mom who some how heard Katie my sister inform my dad of my coming home this weekend decided to take some action to surprise me by that I mean she invited Mike.
Why Mike you may wonder? In my record of dates, it's my first successful date, by that I mean no slapping, no pouring of drink on my date, you can add any possible scenario of an awkward date,  I've been there, you may say my temper is quiet fantastic and works with my hands. Note the sacarsm there

We've had this particular  conversation before, I and mum, over and over again but it's seems my mum is hell bent on ending my spinsterhood more than I am.

At first I go along with her. I have been up to so many dates that I have lost count courtesy of my mom, she really should give me a break.

Of course she thought it is going to be a good surprise to me if she invites Mike for the family dinner as my date. I don't have anything against the guy,  we are not just compatible, I mean we are not comfortable with each other.

Saving me from the awkward dinner is my dear sister, Katie decided to give me heads up on what my mum is up to. My sister understands me slot that it scares the hell out of me most times. She is basically one of my closest friends considering the fact that I do not have many friends, my life revolves around my work.

I informed Katie that I will not come for the dinner which she clearly did not argue about my decision. Did I mention I love her, yes I do, like I said she understands me.
If my mom intends to surprise me then she is in for one herself.

_____

I had my phone off to avoid her calling, I just lazy around in my house, I looked at the clock on the wall and it's 10p.m, I switch on my phone.

Not long after that my mom calls me, I was expecting her call and I can tell she is almost breathing fire.

Hello lovely mother, how a......

She cuts me off
Do not try being nice with me missy
Ouch mom I know am still single but would you please not use the word " missy" with me?  I joked

Am not up for your jokes right now young woman.

Okay,  calm down MA, do not tell me that Katie used your  credit card to purchase goods via konga,  cos the last time you were this angry she had something to do with it, did she? I bet it was something way out of her league?..

Am not in the mood for your sacarsm, you know what you have done so do not try playing innocent with me.

Woah there mom could you please cut to the chase, what exactly have I done?  I continue acting all innocent.

Why did you not inform me that you are not going to make it to the dinner today?  She asked

Am sorry mom I had to work late and I totally forgot to intimate you about it and I finished quiet late, am so so sorry.

What exactly came up?  She insisted, I must am not actually good at keeping up a lie, especially not under pressure and she knows this, hence she will continue to press until I give in and decide to tell her .

You know the deal with Everyday Ware, we are this close to closing the deal, I decided to look into the agreement and every single details before it is finalized.

My mom is quiet for a while which is not a good sign, am guessing my lie has been exposed, it's not really a lie though cos I had to go through the agreement but I didn't spend much time on it.

Anna?  She calls

Yes dear mother, I answered innocently still hoping I could keep up with the lie.

Anna dear.  She calls again in a teasing manner and that means am in for it right now.

Yes sweet mother, I answered nervously knowing that she knows the truth.

You know I called your office line, and guess what? It was off. I mean of course it has to be off since no one is in, so, I went ahead to call Marie your secretary and she told me you were not in the office meaning that you were not working late which leads me to conclude that you ditch the dinner because you somehow managed to know that Mike was coming over.  I can tell you that she is very close to yelling, why didn't I think of her calling the office, so no more lies.

Sounds about right mom, how could you invite a stranger to our dinner without informing me, wait a second, did I hear you say you called Marie? How did you get her number? She is quiet.
Mom how did you get her number?  I asked her again.

Do not try changing the subject Missy, she yells,  I had to pull my phone away from my hear to avoid ear damage. OK that may have been a little bit exaggerated but you get the point, she was yelling at the annex of her voice, so I waited for her to calm down before I yell mine.

Mom you know that I do not appreciate the way you meddle in my life. I yell.

Have you thought that just maybe if you settle down that I would stop according to you meddling in your life? She yells back at me

Maybe if you just stop being a match maker which by the way you are terrible at, I would just consider that as an option?  How many people have you tried matching, how many have actually passed one date, you are trying to live my life for me, you are basically ruining it for me, stop choking me okay. My mom is quiet and I think I might have said something wrong, I know she wants me to be happy but she is going about it the wrong way, which is obviously the only way she can go about it and I just struck a hard chord. Mom,  I called but she does not respond.
Mom am sorry, did not mean to say that I  know.... She doesn't allow me to finish my sentence.

Bye Anna. She just dropped the call and there is no point call her again this night, we will talk about it tomorrow when she is calm, for the mean time I too need to calm my guts down.

---------------------@-------
This should be the longest chapter for now. Share,  like, comment. Am waiting for ya lots of love