My Mate's Choice 06

Start from the beginning

I didn't wait for long when I heard someone enter the room. I turned around and saw the same girl now dressed in a long track pants and a loose t-shirt.

"Hi," I said and attempted to get up.

"Do you need anything from me, Alpha?" She asked and I disliked that she was talking too formal with me.

"Call me Brody," I informed as I limped myself until I was directly in front of her. "What is your name?"

"Beatrix, Alpha," she answered.

"I said, call me Brody," I informed her again.

"No Alpha. That'd be rude of me to call the alpha of another pack by his name. Plus, I wouldn't want to make you angry," she said the last part, a little quietly but still loud enough for me to hear and of course she was being sarcastic to me.

"Look, I'm sorry for getting angry at you earlier. I didn't mean to," I said.

"I understand Alpha. Do you need anything else? If you don't, may I please excuse myself as I have homework to be completed?"

"No, please let's talk. I know you're still angry about earlier. I'm just... stressing," I admitted. There were too much to handle at that time, causing me to lose to my temper and I of course didn't mean to vent it out on the girl. "Can we please, start anew?" I asked, like I was begging when I never had.

The girl looked hesitate for a while before meeting my eyes and said, "We can, if you promise me that you won't tell anyone about what I told you earlier before I left the room."

I remembered her telling me about losing her mate. I nodded, even though I already plan on asking her about it later. "Sure." I handed out my hand and introduced myself, "Brody."

"Beatrix," she answered softly and took my large hands in her small ones.

"Nice name," I complimented.

Beatrix

I nodded at Brody's praise and walked to one of the couch. I sensed Brody following behind me and took a seat not quite far from me.

I was surprised when Sean came up to find me in my room. My mind quickly thought of Calvin since he was Sean's brother but I got a double surprise when Sean said I was needed in the lounge room by the Alpha of the Morning Shadow Pack. I was still quite unhappy about him getting angry at me for nothing but I wouldn't want Sean to get suspicious so I made my way down to the lounge room.

"My mom was captured by rogues before she died," Brody suddenly started speaking, "They tortured her so bad before my pack even got the chance to save her. The 'best' part was my mom was captured only after a few weeks after giving birth to my younger sister, Belle. My mom wasn't in the best condition and with the torturing; it just made her body gave up even faster. And my dad, he died a few weeks after because his wolf gave up on losing their mate."