"Sonic! Tails! Knuckles!"

Sonic and the gang stopped a moment and turned around to look behind them at the familiar voice.

Tails smiled, "Amy!".

She ran up and hugged the first person closest to her, which was Knuckles, who awkwardly took the hug with a friendly laugh and smile. He patted her back lightly as she moved on to pounce at an unexpecting Tails, who lost his balance for a second before regaining it again.

"Wo-woah! Haha, nice to see you too, Amy." He kindly responded, and let her go so she could embrace the REAL person she wanted to hug. Not disregarding her love of her friends, but the two understood who Amy's true affections were meant for.

"Sooniiiicc!" She endearingly lunged.

Fliap!

"Can't we just settle for a friendly handshake?"

"OHHH! SOOONIIICCC!"

Knuckles and Tails awkwardly laughed as Sonic had quickly smacked his hand right on the front of Amy's face before she was able to tackle him with her signature killer death-hug of 'love'. Not that it hurt or anything, only that he blocked her from squeezing his breath right out of him, calling it a hug.

Now Amy was whining and swinging her arms about, bouncing her feet up and down and trying to push against his hand, hoping he would quit being mean and just drop his hand already to let her greet him the only way she knew how to.

"I just wanted to show you how happy I am that you all are back safely! Ohh!" she reached forward, trying to still get a good grip to maybe wrap her arms around him and pull her to him, even with his hand in the way...

"Stop keeping me from your heart!"

Sonic sighed, putting his other free hand on his side, moving his head down and shaking it as he still held her back. "Just so weird..."

Above the happy reunion, Metal and his newly reconstructed team hid in the darkness of shadows that lay behind the trees in the forest to the side and ahead of them.

"...Do we attack now?" Metal Tails looked to his master, "My predictions indicate that with their heart-rates all calmed-that if we act now, we can scare them into losing focus and attack them directly."

"...Through surprise?" Metal Sonic gave back a cold stare at Metal Tails, showing his red eyes through all the darkness of shadows around them.

"...If that is what you wish." Metal Tails, remembering his past existence, looked on and didn't speak further.

Metal Sonic turned his harsh stare forward again, his whole being itching for action... to take down Sonic ... once ... and for all.

"Metal Knuckles, to the left. Metal Tails, to the right. Take out your counterparts... keep them at bay whilst I deal with Sonic.." the two nodded beside him and took off, as Metal Amy, who was bent down on one knee behind him, looked down and wondered if he would disregard her as though she wasn't worth giving an order too...

"...Metal Amy," Metal Sonic glared forward, not even bothering to look behind him and acknowledge her presence any further than her name.

"..!" Her eyelids lifted with the rise of her head at being addressed so suddenly, especially since she thought she would be left behind without so much as a word given to her.

She, at first, was surprised to hear herself called on, but quickly turned to a serious tone as she wanted to slightly prove herself and her worth to him. "Yes? My master?" she grew almost excited, stepping onto one foot, ready for action, but innocently inquiring in her shock that he would include her.