Surprise

Grace's POV

I walked through the door letting Goose off her leash and walked upstairs to take a shower. When I got out I heard the front door open and assumed it was Chester. "Grace!" Mamrie yelled. I wrapped the towel around my body and opened the door. "Grace. Hi." Mamrie said. I walked downstairs. "Hey what's up?" I asked a little concerned. "Nothing I was actually here to check on you and ask if you wanted to grab lunch with Hannah and I." I smiled. "I'd love to. Hannah didn't tell me she was in town." I said. Mamrie and I walked upstairs into the bedroom. "She said she couldn't. The last time her and Chester talked they decided to change some things." Mamrie said. I looked at Mamrie. "Chester has no right to tell Hannah not to talk to me." I said a little bit angry. "Well Hannah was on board."
"Alright let's go." I said. I closed the bedroom door hard and we left. We got into Mamrie's car and left. I pulled out my phone and called Chester. He picked up late.
Hi I'm going to lunch with Mamrie and Hannah.
Hannah? What's she doing here?
She lives here. And she probably has work and wants to see us.
Okay. Well be home soon.
Well Hannah and I have a lot of catching up to do since we haven't been talking lately. I wonder why.
Grace...
Bye Chester.
I hung up the phone and looked at Mamrie. "Wow. You are pissed at him." I laughed. "No, just trying to make him feel bad."
"I'll never get on your bad side then." I looked at her. "You could never."
15 minutes later we pulled up to the restaurant and got out of the car. I saw Hannah waiting at a table and quickly picked up my pace. "Hannah!!" I shouted. She stood up and I ran into her arms. "Grace. Hey how are you? How are you and Chester?" I pulled away and sat down beside her. "Wow Grace I didn't get that." Mamrie said siting down. "Chester and I are happening. Uh we haven't been perfect but who is." Hannah frowned. She turned to Mamrie and gave her a look. "Mamrie told me you were pregnant. So I thought you two would be on good terms." Hannah said. I looked to Mamrie and raised an eyebrow. I nodded and turned back to Hannah."Yea. I'm a few weeks in." I said. Hannah's face seemed to soften and then grow a smile. "Uh well congratulations. But I also have some news. I want to move back here. And I might." I instantly lit up inside and had a big smile on my face. "Please do Hannah." I pleaded. "Hannah the office isn't the same without you." Mamrie added. Hannah had a small smile on her face. "You still have your house here so just don't leave." I said. Hannah shook her head. "I sold it a month ago. So I have to go back."
"Stay at my house. Then you can look for houses. Mamrie and I can help you." I blurted out. I knew Chester wouldn't be happy with it but at this point I didn't care. Hannah raised her eyebrows in surprise and looked to Mamrie. "I don't think Chester..." Hannah trailed off. "Its fine Hannah we have the guest bedroom Chester's nephew stayed in still set up. Unless you want to stay at Mamrie's." Mamie and I looked at Hannah as she thought about it. "So Chester wouldn't kick me out?" Hannah asked. "No. Of course not. The past is the past." I looked at her and she nodded her head. "Okay." I smiled again and the waiter came to take our order.

Chester's POV

I walked in the house and was greeted by Goose and the sound of laughter in the kitchen. I closed the door and looked to see Hannah and Grace sitting at the kitchen table talking. "Why hello there Hannah." I said walking into the kitchen I bent down and kissed Grace's temple and walked around the table to give Hannah a hug. "So what are you doing over here? New York treating you well?" I asked Hannah sitting down next to Grace. "Uh well I am going to move back to LA soon. I just have to find a house so Grace offered to help me out." She said slowly. I nodded my head. "So when are you heading back to New York?" I asked. Hannah looked to Grace and smiled. "Well I'm not. Grace offered me the spare bedroom, so ill be staying here until I find a house." Grace looked to me for a reaction.

I had been in the studio for a few hours and it was getting late so I decided to head inside and grab a snack. Through the door I could hear Hannah and Grace talking about cooking like the were filming. I walked around the front and went through the front door. Grace and Hannah were filming and Grace looked up to me. "Someone just walked into my house." She said matter of factly. I walked around the camera and behind Hannah and Grace and opened the fridge. "Chester would you mind trying our cake batter?" Hannah asked. I turned around and nodded. "As long as I live." I said. Grace slapped my arm and Hannah gave me a spoon with batter on the end. I tried it and it tasted okay. But more towards the bad side. I decided to have a little but of fun with it. I put a big smile on my face and pretended it was amazing. "Wow that's good. But don't try it. Not until its done. Surprise yourselves." I suggested. Grace looked at me weird. "Okay? So we don't try it until its done then?" she asked. I nodded. "Okay cool. That way we will be totally surprised." Hannah said. I nodded and walked off camera. "Thanks Chester." Hannah said. I nodded and walked upstairs to change.

Grace's POV

"CHESTER SEE!!! HOW COULD YOU LEAD US ON?!?!?!?" I yelled from the kitchen. Chester walked into the kitchen and I grabbed a paper towel to spit the cake into. He laughed. "GRACE SEE!!! HOW COULD YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE ME?!?!?!" He said.
Hannah licked her fingers and gave me a high five. "At least we got the icing right."
We cleaned up the kitchen and got ready for bed. Chester and I went upstairs and I got into bed before shutting my phone off. "Goodnight Chester." I said. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple. "Goodnight Grace."