"Hello?"

My dad's warm voice came on. "Hey, 'Lody."

Everyone looked up at me. I scowled at their nosiness and stood up. I walked a few feet into the woods before speaking again, "How are you?"

"I wish I called you to chat, Melody, but I have something to talk to you about."

"Which is?"

"Your mom contacted the judge who did our divorce."

I swallowed. "So?"

"She wants custody of you. She thinks sending you to La Push was a mistake." He sighed. "She wants to see you, Lody."

"Tell the judge to tell momma that she can drop dead."

"Melody-"

"I have to go, love you, bye."

I ended the call and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I gathered my hair in between my fingers, and I twisted it to the back of my neck. The cool air only worsened my clammy appearance. I took deep breaths before walking back to the blanket Emily was on. She gave me a small smile, but she didn't ask what happened. Jasper was explaining to the wolves what newborns were. After that, it was basically the Cullen's battling one another while the wolves watched. Alice was quick, and that was her advantage against Jasper.

Jacob walked back to Bella. She whispered in his ear then he leaned his head down for her to pet him. I swallowed the pressed my lips into a thin line. The wolves retreated back to wherever they meet. Emily led me to her old Honda Civic then drove us to her house.

The small house made me ache because of how homely it felt. It reminded my of Savannah and my father. She made me stir the batter while she began making sandwiches for the guys. It was strange finally being in her house. I had lived across the street for a couple of months now and had never ventured inside of it.

I awkwardly remained quiet while they began attacking the food. Jacob walked up to me with a grim look. "Can we talk?"

I looked behind me. "Oh, you mean me? Bella isn't around, so you can actually acknowledge my presence."

"Damn." Paul laughed, looking in our direction.

Jacob didn't say anything, but instead he replied by grabbing my wrist and leading me to the front porch. I sat down on the step and stretched my legs out in front of me.

"Bella is going with us to the mountain."

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Really? I would have never thought so. You know, if this is going to continue, I'm going to assume you lied to me about being your imprint."

"What?"

"Forget it."

"I want you to come with us. I know Victoria has some sort of interest in you. It might be safer for you to be with the leaches than be a sitting duck here."

"I don't know, Jacob." I looked at him, my eyes burning. "Am I supposed to sit on a mountain top for God knows how long, just waiting to hear if you're dead or not? I mean, legitimately dead, not just dead to me."

Jacob sat next to me. "I know it doesn't sound ideal, but I will be able to focus better knowing that you at least have some sort of protection."

"I don't know, Jacob."

"Once this is all over, I won't even be able to see Bella."

"Why?"

He clenched his hands."Edward is making her once of them."