Part 1

"Eyes are the gateways to the soul. They are what we use to see the world through, like a filtered looking glass. No two eyes compare. Every eye has seen something different in its time on earth." Mr. Pupil said with a wise, all knowing expression. A class was before him of egger medical student. He was well known, maybe one of the best eye-specialists in the entire world and this class had been selected to be taught by him. "A baby's eyes are innocent - it has never witnessed hate, prejudice, or war - a baby's eye is like its soul - pure." He said, his green eyes wandering around the class. There must have been over five hundred kids sitting in the benches around him, their heads moving in agreement as he spoke. Their eyes not blinking for then they would miss a moment of his lecture. " Another way two eye will never compare is in the color. Sure you may think both you and the person seated next to you have the same color eyes - brown perhaps, but no two eyes will ever be exactly the same shade. There has been studies done on the way each eye perceives color, and the studies reveal that no one sees the same color when they look at the same object. Sure, you may see red when you look at your niece's sweater, and everyone who looks at that sweater may describe it as being red - but is your red the same as my red? The answer is no. Every eye has a different way of seeing colors, a shade or two difference. But another factor with this study is that when we are in kindergarten we are taught that a banana is yellow, so whenever we see a banana we think that color is yellow. Now what if we take a child and tell that child that the banana is blue, then whenever they see yellow they will call it blue. Maybe none of us see the same colors when looking at them. Maybe if you were to see through my eyes you would call that banana blue. This is something that we can only theorize about, but the thought is baffling! What if the way we see colors effects what we call our 'favorite' colors. Maybe blue looks appealing to you, but not to another person because they see that color differently." The professor stopped speaking for a moment, "this concludes today's lecture. Class dismissed."

The class began to file out of the old warn auditorium.