Joann comes up to us after speaking with a doctor. I  try reading the emotion on her face to see if he was ok but she seemed really guarded.

"I  just finished talking with your dad's doctor. He's awake now but he's specifically requesting to see you." She says which surprises me. Why did he only want to see me?

I  stand up from my seat and Jamiah gives me a look, asking if I was ok going alone. Even though I didn't want to I nod anyway.

I walk down the long corridor of the hospital. Finally I arrived in front of his door and I opened it.

There he sat in the bed looking paler than he did earlier. I walked all the way in and sat by his bed.

It was uncomfortably silent for a few moments before I decided to speak up. "Why are you in here?"

He sighs and runs a hand down his face. "This isn't gonna be easy to explain."

It's quiet for another minute and my anxiety level rises again.

"I have cancer son." His voice cracks a little at the end making me feel something at the pit of my stomach.

"What do you mean? You can't be serious."

"I know it's hard to believe but this is the reality. Everyone else was just as shocked when we found out."

"How long have you had cancer?" The feeling in my stomach soon traveled up to my chest.

"6 months. The doctor just confirmed that I've reached stage 4." My eyes burned a little but i forced the feeling back down.

"Well what about your treatment? You're getting therapy right?"

"My insurance only covered so much and I don't have the money to pay for it."

"How'd you pay for that big ass house then?" I ask the question that's been bothering me for the longest.

"The house was left to me in my dad's will when he died. I wasn't lying when I said I have no money."

I look down at my hands not able to say anything. My eyes started getting blurry again but i forced them back down.

"How much longer do you have?"

"2 months, 3 if I'm lucky. I thought we had it under control but it's been getting more and more aggressive."

"Why come back in my life of you're just gonna die right after!" I stand up out of my chair, pushing it to the ground.

"When I found out I had cancer I instantly thought of you. I wanted to make sure I had my life together before I left and I didn't want to die knowing my son never knew me."

"It took you this long to figure it out?" He looks down not saying anything. I  take that as my cue to end this conversation and leave the room.

My vision blurs again but I clear my eyes as I walk back to the waiting room.

//Jamiah//

After what seemed like 15 minutes Jacob comes back storming in the room. He looked rather angry for whatever reason.

"Let's go." He says sternly.

"Is everything ok?"

"I said let's go!" His tone of voice startled me. I look over to Skylar who's just as confused as I am.

I  stood anyway and waved goodbye to Skylar. We had gotten really close with each other while Jacob was away. She seemed really cool so I planned on keeping her around.

Jacob grabs my hand a little forcefully and he leads me out of the hospital. I got looks from people probably wondering if I was ok but I smiled in reassurance. He was just a little upset right now.

Jacob keeps his head looking forward, his eyes held the same glare since we left the hospital as he drives down the street.

He had the music turned up to the highest level to avoid conversation. I'll let him have his time now to get over whatever is bothering him but he'll tell me one way or another.

He stops the car right in front of my house and sits back in his seat, not bothering to get out or turn the car off. I  guess he thought he could just drop me off and leave so easily.

He gives me a look as if asking why I'm still in the car. I turn the radio down and face him in my seat.

"What's going on with you?"

"Look I just wanna be left alo-"

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." I cut him off before he can finish his sentence.

"What part of leave me the fuck alone don't you understand Jamiah! You can be so annoying sometimes. You think you know everything but you don't!"

What he said kinda burned in my chest though I wouldn't show it. I  simply nod my head and exit the car.

He wanted to push me away when I try to be there for him then he wouldn't have to hear another word from me again.

Apart of me hoped he would get out the car and apologize then tell me what was wrong but when I hear his car drive away that hope is crushed.

//Bella//

I wake up from my nap feeling a little sick. I made my way down to the kitchen and make myself some cereal.

Once I was done I sat on the couch and turned on the t.v. My head was still reeling from what happened at school.

How could she just lie to me for so long? It all makes sense now why everything was so fishy. Was that why Ryan mentioned leaving Jamiah alone with my brother? Did he already know?

It really hurt me to kick her out but I had no choice. She betrayed me in the worst way and I can't find it in myself to be associated with her.

I  shake my head and focus on eating. Before I can take my first bite I feel my stomach turn. Before I know it I'm in the bathroom throwing up contents of my stomach.

"Fuck what's wrong wi-" before I can finish my sentence I'm throwing up again.

My head throbbed from pain as I left the bathroom. I  dont remember eating anything bad recently so I don't know what's wrong with me.

I  think back to what Jamiah told me all those months ago.

"Did he even use protection?" Her voice raises a little and I motion for her to quiet down.

"Yeah, I think?... I don't really remember." Now that I think about it, I don't know if he did use protection. I was too consumed in him to remember.

"You don't know. Exactly. You're being stupid about this and I'll be damned if I let some fuck nigga knock you up and break your heart."

I somewhat felt like I knew what was wrong with me. I go up to my mom's room looking through her stuff. I pause when I see a half empty bottle of alcohol.

I  lnew she used to have a drinking problem but I thought she quit a long time ago.

I  continue looking and find a pregnancy test. Luckily it doesn't expire until next month.

I  take the test and wait patiently for my results. Once its ready I hold my breath and look to see if I got a plus or a minus.

Until next time on 'Best Friend's Brother'

******Vote******
******Comment******
******All That Good Stuff******