Steve and Tony nod as well. Loki stares at them unable to believe that they would vouch for him.

"Alright. You take responsibility for any if his mistakes. Now, the caretaker said that there was a base in Atlanta? Go tommorow and attack it."

"What about you?" Natasha asks.

"I have work to do here"

"What work."

"Work that doesn't include you. You all look sick. You must be in top shape."

"Its been a rough week in case you didn't notice." Tony replied rubbing his eyes. He hadn't been sleeping well either.

"Maybe we can do something about that." He said with a mishevious look. And walked away.

"Anyone else notice that one-eyed mischief look? " Tony asks looking around at the rest of them.

Loki nodded. He had noticed it. He was the master of it. Fury was hiding something. He decided to ignore it. There were more important tasks at hand.

-----------------another view---------

" this is a waste of time." Natasha remarked as they looked across the abandoned warehouse.

"They knew we were coming." Steve says.

"What an ingenious observation! " Loki snaps

"No wait." Clint says just as everyone turned to go.

"What? " Natasha asks.

"When Beth was in HYDRA, SHIELD couldn't find her. Maybe she was right under their noses."

"Youre being strangely cryptic Barton." Tony remarks.

Clint walked over and began inspecting the walls. The others follwed lead.

"What's this? " Tony asked as he felt a bump in the wall. He pushed it.. yup you guessed it.. the floor opened. Cliche? I know.. just go with it.

"Open sesame."

Everyone jumped into the hole. They entered a corridor. It was dimly lit. They walked ahead till it split into two.

Loki, stark and Nat walked one way. This is not a good combination is it?

"Can you possibly. Walk any slower? " loki hisses at Tony.

" Yes I can. Wanna see? "He asked and walked slower than ever.

Loki sighed in exasperation.

"Can you both shut up? " Natasha asks from ahead of them.

"Hey! It's his fault! We cant just be running everywhere."

"Yet that is exactly what you do most of the time." Loki
quipped.

"Guys shut it." Natasha scolded.

"I dont run around."

"Really? Shall we ask pepper? " loki smirked.

"GUYS! " she shouted, " one more word and i will personally make sure that it is your last." She threatened in a low voice. This shut them up.

The corridor finally came to an end with two doors. Loki opened one to find a closet
Of sorts that held equipment. Just as Natasha began to open one. The knob turned. Someone was opening it from the other side! They all clambered into the closet and held their breath.

A small group of people came out from the room.

"It's strange. She can't just disappear. "

"We have her blood what else do we need. "